cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Polycom

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends forum, I have a question , How I can integrate the Cisco MCU 3545 with the polycom VSX700?

4 Replies 4

roturner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello I think you rather mean how do you integrate the Polycom VSX7000 with the Cisco MCU. Well first you would register your VSX with your gatekeeper as an H.323 endpoint and assuming the Cisco MCU is already in and working then just use the VSX as another endpoint and away you go.

If the Cisco MCU is not part of your existing system then see this link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/video/cuvc/design/guides/srnd/vc5xsrnd.html

Good luck

Hi,

Do you think it would be possible to register the Plycom device in CUCM as a H.323 endpoint and the MCU as a conference resource so we won't need to use a GK?

Best regards,

Stoyan Stoitsev

Hello, if you register the MCU as SCCP and a conference resource then only SCCP points could initiate a conference as far as I am aware. If could be a meet me conference and a SCCP could start the confernce then the H.323 could join. You should check out the SRND for the version of CCM you wish to use.

Hi,

Well, I've checked the docs but they always use a GK.

What made me think in this direction is that when you configure a H.323 endpoint you have the option to select a MGRL so if you have a MCU as conference resource the H.323 endpoint should use it. Even though the MCU is configured as SCCP device it should work with the Polycom since the CUCM is the one that speaks both protocols and does the negotiation between them. An example of this is how IP phones that speak only SCCP get calls from H.323 gateways - CUCM is the intermediate point that does the magic :). Of course these are all assumptions and should be tested...

Best regards,

Stoyan Stoitsev