cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Presence

Darren Goulden
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if the Codian MCUs supports publishing presence to a VCS for individual conferences i.e. 70000@domain.com, 70001@domain.com, etc..?

We used to use OCS and if I recall correctly I'm pretty sure we could see the presence of meeting rooms (added to AD as users) from the OCS client. Is it possible to have the same experience via a Jabber/Movi client? I've tried looking in the documentation but I can't find anything!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren,

that's correct, you shouldn't be seeing the presence for the MCU AA in that case either, assuming the domain for both URI's are the same (So that the search rule would match both URI's).

Please check your PM inbox as I have sent you a message there.

- Andreas

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The VCS's Presence User Agent (PUA) is what you're looking for, make sure it is enabled, Applications > Presence.  If the PUA is enabled, it will publish presence information for all locally  registered endpoints, whether or not those endpoints are also publishing their  own presence information.

Jabber/Movi clients will publish their own presence information if enabled in the provisioning template in TMS, if you're not using TMS than PUA should publish the presence information for it.

The Presence Server should also be enabled as well.

Thanks for the reply Patrick, sorry I should of included more details, I don't believe the issue is with the VCS as presence is working fine for everything else, endpoints, Jabber clients, etc...  I'm just not getting any presence information for the individual conferences on the MCU, I am getting presence for the auto attendant however.

The MCU is configured so that there are no service or registration prefixes and the full numeric ID of the conference is registered to the VCS, I can see these registrations on the VCS (both SIP and 323).

Can you confirm that the conference's are configured to register their SIP aliases to the VCS?  We primairly use h323 for our MCU, but do remember back when I was doing some testing and enabled SIP on one of our conferences I did get presence status.

UPDATE:  I just enabled SIP on a conference (under configuration) I have in progress right now, and it is working.  Also make sure that under Settings > SIP that "Allow numeric ID registration for conferences" is also enabled.

All conferences on the bridge are set to register both protocols and on the VCS I can confirm both are there.

Darren,

the PUA on the VCS will only generate presence for URI-type aliases (alias@dolmain), which means that you will have to register your conference in SIP and subscribe for presence to the SIP URI of the conference (70001@yourdomain), since the H323 registration for the conference will be an E164 number (70001/70002) for which presence cannot be generated.

- Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the reply, I understand that the PUA will only generate presence for URI's, I'm pretty sure it's all setup correctly.  The VCS is generating presence for the MCU registration just not the individual conferences, even through they are registered with a URI via SIP, see below.

SIP Registration of conference

SIP registration of the MCU

Under the list of 'Applications > Presence > Publishers' only the MCU registration is listed

Presence on Jabber

Any ideas?

Darren,

can you create a new MCU conference which is SIP registered and check if it appears in the publisher list?

If it does not appear once the SIP URI of the conference is registered, I would recommend that you start a diagnostics log on the VCS (Network log level set to DEBUG), then create a new SIP-registered MCU conference. Once you've verified that the new conference SIP URI does not appear in the publisher list, stop the diagnostics log and look in that log for a PUBLISH request for the conference in question, e.g PUBLISH 72055@yourdomain.

Copy the call-id from that request and search for that call-id in the log to check what the response for that PUBLISH is. Normally we would expect to see a 200 OK response for that PUBLISH request.

- Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Looks like you found the problem!

SIPMSG:

|SIP/2.0 404 Not Found

Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 127.0.0.1:5060;branch=z9hG4bKc5cd3d12c3ff687e71f146e0178a9887554273;received=127.0.0.1;rport=25035;ingress-zone=DefaultZone

Call-ID: b02f1bf43011d7ff@127.0.0.1

CSeq: 0 PUBLISH

To: <72057>>;tag=725e1a8b52909bd6

Server: TANDBERG/4103 (X7.1)

Warning: 399 127.0.0.1:5060 "Policy Response"

Content-Length: 0

I guess it's a config issue, these registrations sit in a subzone on the VCS, this zone is set to 'Treat as authenticated'

Darren,

404 Not found means that the domain used for the MCU SIP registrations does not exist as a SIP domain on the VCS, which further means that the MCU AA is registered with a different (and existing) SIP domain then the actual conferences.

If you add this missing SIP domain to the VCS and re-register the MCU conferences in SIP I expect that everything should work as expected.

- Andreas

To clarify further about the missing SIP domain, the 404 Not found response comes from the presence server application on the VCS. The presence server will only accept presence publications for domains it is authoritative for, which are the domains which exists as SIP domains on the VCS which the presence server is running on.

- Andreas

Hi,

I wish that was the case, that's what has puzzled me, the SIP domain is configured on the VCS and I've double checked that the domain in the DEBUG message  is the same as what is configured on the VCS and the MCU.  This is also the same as the MCU registration, which is working, I'm getting online and busy in call for that registration.

For info, the presence server is the VCS Control, the MCU is registered to the Expressway, that shouldn't matter though should it?

Darren,

the 404 Not found response is coming from 127.0.0.1. Was the last screenshot taken on the Control or the Expressway?

I assume the presence server on the VCS-E is disabled (While PUA is enabled on all VCS's)?

- Andreas

Screenshot was the expressway

Yes, this is the Expressway

Presence User AgentActive
Presence ServerInactive

This is the Control

Presence User AgentActive
Presence Server

Active

There is nothing in the network log on the control regarding PUBLISH messages for the new conference I setup

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: