cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU Video Freeze Issue

Mahesh Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

When ever joining an adhoc multipoint video bridge using MeetMe ID the voice switched active participant gets ghost/freeze video and sometimes crackling noise from audio aswell. Is there any way to resolve the issue or any configuration recommendations/changes required in MCU, Video endpoint or Network switch side.

Note: It happens when only Cisco endpoints joins and even both Polycom and Cisco endpoint joins.

Regards,

Mahesh Kumar

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you please provide more information, such as what end points you're using and what versions of the software they're running and any other important information about your environment setup that could be of assistance?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Endpoints Details:

Cisco C60 - SW version TC5.1.6.298375

Polycom VSX 7000 & 8000 - SW version Release 9.0.6 - 02Feb2010 09:43

MCU Details:

TANDBERG Codian MSE 8510 - SW version 4.3(2.18)

Network Details:

Cisco Switches & Routers

I know (and have experienced) issues with the Cisco/Polycom/Bridge combinations before hence asking for your versions. The versions I was having most issues with we're TC6.1.x and TC6.2.0 on the C60. There are known bugs with these versions which can present with varying degrees of no Video or no Audio or both.

How are you making the calls? H.323 or SIP. We've had more success getting around the problem by connecting with SIP.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

We use H.323 protocol for endpoints and SIP for MOVI but the we have experienced in both protoclols. Its not only because of adding polycom device, even it happens only with Cisco environment aswell.

We are facing ghost image and freeze issue only when we join call using MCU and not point to point.

When the call joined from Region A endpoint to Region B MCU the Region B partcipants see the ghost image of Region A and viceversa.

Can any help to fix this issue.

Blackii76
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with Lync using B2BUA.

To fix the freezes from endpoints, i have limited the bandwidth directly on the VCS system.

Can you provide and explain quickly your environment ?

We run on cluster mode. Please find the below details

Production Environment 1 VCS, 1 MCU supervisor and 1 MCU media with 20HDports and 40SD ports.

DR Environment 1 VCS, 1 MCU supervisor and 1 MCU media with 20HDports and 40SD ports.