Views
Helpful
Replies

Media Flow with VCS-E, VCS-C

gariusmar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to implement a VCS infrastructur now I`m not sure wich way that the media takes between the endpoints.

On the picture you could see the scenario.

Enpoint 1 is communicate with endpoint two.

1. Wich way takes the media stream ?

2. Is endpoint 1 communicate (media) only with the VCS - C and not directly with endpoint two ?

2. Do we have a directly connection between the two endpoints ?

Thanks,

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

the media would be flowed through the VCS control and expressway always in a traversal solution and use the traversal license.

endpoint 1 should be sending to VCS control and then it will be passed to expressway and then on to internet and not to the internet endpoint directly.

Rgds,

Alok

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

the media would be flowed through the VCS control and expressway always in a traversal solution and use the traversal license.

endpoint 1 should be sending to VCS control and then it will be passed to expressway and then on to internet and not to the internet endpoint directly.

Rgds,

Alok

Hi Alok

Thanks for your answer.

Is that  like "media flow-through" with a cube ?

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

yes its a kind of the same scenario. but cube can't be replaced with VCS-Expressway.

Rgds,

Alok

Hi Alok

So do you mean i do need a cube in my scenario ?

I read a lot of documentation and also the designguide for VCS 7.2  but i never saw a cube.

Regards,

Martin

Martin,

no no..cube is not required at all.

but there is a very common question you will see people asking like can they replace the cube with vcs-exp, since the cube also supports media flow through.

But there are other features like dns zone etc which can't be acheived thorugh cube and hence cube is not a replacement at all for the exp.

rgds,

Alok

Hi Alok

Thank`s for your answers, we will go forward to implement the VCS infrastructur very soon.

Best Regard`s

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: