Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Room PIN in Dial String

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We are wanting to enforce PINs for dialing in to meeting rooms, however for external users we would like the ability for this PIN to be in the dial string so they do not need to use a keypad to enter in DTMF tones. For example, if a user is to dial in to meeting 1111 and use a pin of 9999 it would be great if they could use something like 1111*9999#@10.11.12.13.

Is this possible?

We are utlising a VCS-Control and VCS-ExpressWay with a 8510 MSE MCU.

Thanks,

Mark

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Currently it's not possible to do what you're looking for, endpoints don't know how to call or handle that type of dial string.  There is another discussion of the same question that confirms it here: dialing-codian-mcu-password.  I've tried it myself just now various different methods that I could think of, and none worked.

View solution in original post

The main issue is that there is not a standard for doing so, so even if one endpoint or device type supports it a different one might use different strings or does not support it at all.

If its only a hand full of systems on the outside, maybe using TMS to book conferences and dial them up can be a workaround. Maybe pre configured participants as well, or simply get the remote users to enter the pin ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Currently it's not possible to do what you're looking for, endpoints don't know how to call or handle that type of dial string.  There is another discussion of the same question that confirms it here: dialing-codian-mcu-password.  I've tried it myself just now various different methods that I could think of, and none worked.

The main issue is that there is not a standard for doing so, so even if one endpoint or device type supports it a different one might use different strings or does not support it at all.

If its only a hand full of systems on the outside, maybe using TMS to book conferences and dial them up can be a workaround. Maybe pre configured participants as well, or simply get the remote users to enter the pin ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks to you both!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As the other two have posted, there is no standard for this, nor any way I've seen on any equipment to make this happen.

Automatically including the PIN also seems to defeat the purpose of having one in the first place.  Perhaps you only need to really have one for the chairperson, and not for all the normal participants?

Alternately, you could have different "rooms" for Internal and External uses, where the Internal ones required PINs, and the Externals don't.

Anopther option is that you could also have the External participants join to a concierge type room where an operator could then move them to the desired conference.

Or you could have someone dial-out from the MCU to the external participant(s) rather than them dialling in.

There are lots of options available as a workaround to what you're trying to achieve, you'll just need to work out which one works for you and your users.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Miguel Serrano
Level 1
Level 1

Im searching a same solution for Meeting Server, is there now a solution to merge the dialin number with the passcode in one number?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: