cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting room without conference phone - codec only

afadeyev1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm facing some pressure from the users about clutter on the conference tables: touch panel, microphones, presentation cables and 8831 with additional keypad. I can't do nothing about first three, but I think it's time to remove 8831. My codec can completely replace 8831 (call flow, DID's and phonebooks are in order). The only problem is audio. If TV is off  - incoming calls will be missed. I tried playing with CEC, but it's working with some TV's and not the others, plus there is still a delay between the time call comes in and TV is operational. Not a big fan of Lifesize units, but they have very nice combo unit (phone HD). I wish Cisco can come up with something like that. Wonder if anybody was able to find a workable solution for this?

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can take the audio out of the endpoint and in to a separate set of speakers which can be heard even when the displays are turned off.  That's what we do in most of our rooms - we don't rely on the speakers in the display panel.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes. I can put sound bar under the tv just for the sound, but I still need run separate mic cable for the table. Interestedly - there is a headset jack on the back of the Touch 10, but I can't find any info on pinout, type, ... It would be super nice to be able to connect some kind of microphone\speaker desktop unit to it and don't mess with soundbars and mic runs. Add HDMI input to it and this will be most installer-friendly unit.