cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting Server has Active Control problem?

RANDAL SIMS
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple SX20's and an SX10 all running CE 9.4.1 in a scheduled meeting space on CMS running 2.3.7 .   CMS appears to lose Active Control synchronization and leave endpoints muted in the conference even though the endpoint itself has been unmuted.  CMM must be used to unmute the endpoint in the conference.  Has anyone seen similar behavior?  Any ideas other than disabling Active Control on the endpoints?

6 Replies 6

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whats the call control device here that is being used?  Are you using VCS or CUCM?  In TMS Scheduled meeting, is the server being told to dial out to the endpoints? 

VR

P2

Cisco call control is CUCM 12.0.1 .

TMS scheduled meeting, OBTP dial in from Cisco CE9.4.1 endpoints (4 x SX20 & 1 x SX10)

A Polycom HDX registered H.323 to VCS X8.11 trunked to CUCM also dials in manually.

Again,  CMS is 2.3.7 and CMM is 1.0.1 .

In the last meeting, I disabled Active Control on the Cisco endpoints' conference settings and the VCS trunk --  worked without issues other than expected missing controls on endpoints and CMM.

HI Randal.  Thanks.  The only time i've seen this was with VCS trunked to CMS and type was set to infrastructure.  This stripped IX line from SDP (VCS To CMS only direction).  This caused IX being removed at the 15 min mark and if the endpoint was muted, it would stay muted and couldn't unmute via Active Control.  You stated you changed the zone to filter out IX?  Was it set to infrastructure before?  You are using CUCM 12, is the path for endpoints: endpoint->cucm->vcs->cms?  Or cucm->cms? Anyhow, this fixed the other customer problem.  The type of trunk was changed on VCS->CMS from Infrastructure to Custom and IX Filter Mode was set to off. 

VR

P2

Hello Patrick -- thanks for your interest & help.

The Cisco endpoints are CUCM->CMS .

The CUCM Zone on VCS is custom with IX filtering on.

Only Polycom H.323 are on the VCS.

I changed the SIP Profile for the VCS trunk on CUCM to not allow IX App Media in SDP (for whatever that might be worth).

HI Randal. Sorry, without looking at a SIP and Active Control Trace would be hard to determine whats going on. Not sure if thats something you want to put here, but perhaps open a TAC Case starting with those traces enabled and the log bundle may help determine whats going on.   

VR

P2

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Randal, i have a customer with nearly the same Problem, but here TMS requests CMS to call to the endpoints. CMS Version is 2.2.13 and CUCM is 11.5(1)SU5. My Endpoints are at CE 9.3.2 and most of them are Webex Room 55.

It affectes only very few Meetings at all, most are working as expected.

as you have different System Version i assume that it is a bug that exists not only in one specific Version.

could you make Progress in solving this Problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: