Replies

Merge Fail

Mahesh Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

I am not able to merge the calls, Video to Video or Video to Audio

But i am able to join MCU bridge using number@mydomain.com

MX200 - SW TC7.1.4

Please let me know if more details required.

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us more about your deployment.

What is your call control server, VCS or CUCM?

How are you trying to merge the calls?

As much detail as you can provide, the better, can't help unless we know more.

Control Server is VCS.

For merging we use MCU (multiway)

This issue is to a particular endpoint and not other endpoints.

Do you have the VCS, MCU, and endpoints setup to use multiway?  Unless all three are configured properly, it won't work.  See the VCS Admin Guide, pg 270 for details.  The Multiway Deployment Guide will provide step by step instructions to configure each component.

If you have each component setup correct and you still can't get it to work, can you explain in detail what is or isn't happening?

We almost use 35 endpoints, in that one endpoint doesn't works.

I am not able to merge the calls, Video to Video or Video to Audio

E.g. dial out an endpoint and dial second endpoint after i see merge option on the touch panel, when i tap on the merge button it throws a message "Merge Fail"

You can go into Vcs and see the entire call build up and tear down.  Those statics can help iron out why the merge is failing.  You said the multiway address has been applied to the endpoint correct?  If you aren't able to merge and hop into your MCU I'd think it's an improper multiway address, inability to reach the MCU from the endpoint (or vice versa), or maybe your MCU has reached it's  maximum call capacity.

Mahesh Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all,

I was able to fix the issue by changing the SIP Profile type to Standard from Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: