Views
Helpful
Replies

Micorsoft Surface Hub 2 Integration with Cisco Room Kit

MaureenAw1990
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

Has anyone tired connecting a Cisco Room Kit to a Surface Hub 2, with the Surface Hub only acting as a display. I don't see any issue with that since the Surface Hub will only acting as an output display and the call will be dialed via the Cisco codec, but I thought no harm checking to see if anyone has done it before in case there are any integration issue. 

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Maureen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct, as the SH is just being a display, it will all work fine - as long as you make it clear to your end users that that is how it works and they don't expect to be transmitting the video from the SH to the far end over a video call.

Reminds me of this humorous photo taken by someone when the original Webex Board (or "Spark Board" at the time) and Surface Hub were released.

IMG_0112.jpg

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Correct, as the SH is just being a display, it will all work fine - as long as you make it clear to your end users that that is how it works and they don't expect to be transmitting the video from the SH to the far end over a video call.

Reminds me of this humorous photo taken by someone when the original Webex Board (or "Spark Board" at the time) and Surface Hub were released.

IMG_0112.jpg

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Haha! I love the image you shared!