Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft Teams on Codec Pro

GeneKim884856
Level 1
Level 1

ello,

My government client wants to use a Quad Camera with a Codec Pro.  They use Microsoft Teams.  I know there's a way to integrate MS Teams into the codec.  Any suggestions. 

1. What accounts should I set up for my client? WebEx Admin with Control Hub?

2. Purchasing a Device On-Premise License to active Codec Pro.

3. Purchasing CVI MS TEAMS integration Plugin

4. Do we need anything else?

5. I do not want to purchase extended WebEx features.  Microsoft Teams will be the primary use for the codec. 

Thanks you for your help. 

2 Replies 2

chrisconnolly
Level 1
Level 1

The simplest way to do this would be to use the WebRTC join method on the device. Here is the link explaining how it works. I will caution the quality is not quite what they will be used to with the device in Webex Meetings. There are also a number of limitations most notably it only works with a single screen.

If you want to use CVI you need to subscribe the MS 0365 tenant you want to join meetings to with it. If you want to join a MS Teams meeting hosted by a different organization it would require them to have their own CVI licensing for you to utilize it. There are also multiple CVI options (Cisco, Pexip, Poly, Bluejeans) which all have different nuances in how they work so make sure you understand them and pick the one that will best fit your organizations needs.

There are also ways to utilize an AV bridge that can live in between the codec and the end users laptop or a conference room desktop which could run the MS Teams software.

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

1. Control hub Webex site.

2. Registration of Codec: Cloud or CUCM on premise

3. Not a plug-in but a MS CVI license (minimal purchase qty 5) 12 month subscription

4. Cisco Hybrid Calendar services is optional, but provides Exchange on premise or O365 calendar integration

5. You might want to look at a Microsoft teams video room solution especially if MS Teams will be the primary use.