Views
Helpful
Replies

Midlet Issue: "No space left on device" on IP Phone

samuel.gay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I meet an issue on a TelePresence infrastructure, half of my 7975 IP Phones are no more able to download midlet from CUCM. In IP Phone logs I see this error:

8738: ERR 21:52:17.390110 JVM: Calling enable listening for incoming http connections

8739: NOT 21:52:19.249644 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Comparing Installed Version with Config Version...TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

8740: NOT 21:52:19.285929 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Downloading Jad...TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

8741: ERR 21:52:19.346113 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ah:? - The Url http://xxx.xxx.50.129:6970/TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S.jad is availabe, use this IP address.

8742: ERR 21:52:19.590143 JVM: Calling enable listening for incoming http connections

8743: NOT 21:52:19.911916 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Downloading Jar...TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

8744: INF 21:52:19.959404 no buffer to recve, force EHOSTDOWN

8745: ERR 21:52:19.976584 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.ah:? - The Url http://xxx.xxx.50.129:6970/TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S.jar is availabe, use this IP address.

8746: INF 21:52:20.478535 no buffer to recve, force EHOSTDOWN

8747: ERR 21:52:20.899335 JVM: 21:52:20|java.io.IOException: No space left on device

at java.io.FileOutputStream.writeBytes([BII)V(Native Method)

at java.io.FileOutputStream.write([BII)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Ljava/io/InputStream;Ljava/io/OutputStream;J)I(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;ZZLjava/io/OutputStream;[Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a()I(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a()V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/midp/midletsuite/u;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/srvc/z;Ljava/lang/String;ZZLcip/midp/midletsuite/p;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.ah.a(Lcip/srvc/z;ZZLcip/midp/midletsuite/p;Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule.a(Lcip/cfg/XmlServiceObject;)V(Unkno

8748: ERR 21:52:20.901138 JVM: wn Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.z.a(Lcip/midp/midletsuite/b;Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.midp.midletsuite.z.sinkMessage(Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.n.sinkMessage(Lcip/sys/x;)V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.a(Lcip/sys/ad;)Ljava/lang/Throwable;(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.aa.e()V(Unknown Source)

at cip.sys.l.run()V(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.startup(Z)V(Unknown Source)

8749: NOT 21:52:20.902860 JVM: Startup Module Loader|cip.midp.midletsuite.InstallerModule:? - Midlet Install Canceled/Error...TSPM-1.8.2-P1-1S

These IP Phones are all around the word, I am not able to do a factory reset.

SSH is activated on IP Phone but I am not able to find midlet files to delete it.

Do you know a way to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Samuel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

samuel.gay
Level 1
Level 1

Finally issue was not with free space on IP Phone. To solve this issue we have created new profiles for IP Phones ...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

samuel.gay
Level 1
Level 1

Finally issue was not with free space on IP Phone. To solve this issue we have created new profiles for IP Phones ...

Hi Samuel,

I heard from TAC that this Java memory error message was an issue with IP Phone load on 8.x train, but should only be cosmetic on phones on 9.x train.

I believe I managed to reproduce the issue with the Midlet not loading for that same customer while troubleshooting an IP Phone.

- CTS 1.8.2

- IP Phone 7975.9-2-1

- Midlet 1.8.2

When I monitor the phone using PhoneView (UnifiedFX) and try to remove/add Phone Midlet, they keep refusing to install again.

About 5-10min after I closed PhoneView, the Phone Midlet loaded up nicely.

I reproduced this 3 times, each time waiting about 1-2 hours with PhoneView pulling screenshots off the phone.

PhoneView (UnifiedFX) Lab Edition, version 3.5.25.3

I was using 1sec refresh screenshots.

We were using PhoneView for all sites for that last maintenance.

For some reason some of the phones got the Midlet fine and some other did not.

Once we paused the maintenance for the night (closed all monitoring), all were ok when I came in the morning.

Thanks,

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: