cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving existing TMS 14.3 to external SQL database - has anybody done it?

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

After copying the SQL database on our existing TMS database is there anything else I should do other than using the TMS tools to point to the new database or is that it?

I'm looking for anybody who has done this sort of straight move before.

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We did pretty much what you're asking about, albeit, slighly differently, as we moved from one external SQL server, to another... but the process is the same.

1)     Stop the TMS/IIS services

2)     Copy your database to the new server

3)     Use TMS Tools to switch where TMS is looking.

4)     Start up the TMS/IIS services again.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Douglas,

if you're not making an upgrade of your TMS version, that should be fine. I would keep the local SQL server running for a few days so you're able to switch back quickly if you would need to.

Best regards,

Alex

Thanks. Good advice!

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We did pretty much what you're asking about, albeit, slighly differently, as we moved from one external SQL server, to another... but the process is the same.

1)     Stop the TMS/IIS services

2)     Copy your database to the new server

3)     Use TMS Tools to switch where TMS is looking.

4)     Start up the TMS/IIS services again.

Wayne

--

Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks! That is what I was looking for.