Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPS 800 V.35 configuration

Hi all,

I have a problem with the configuration of an MPS 800 V35, someone with experience of this?

I use the MPS only as a gateway h.323 V35, I followed the administrator guide but without success.

Thanks in advance.

Artemisio

3 Replies 3

mucoffey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Artemisio, what is the exact problem you are having here? Are you not able to get inbound V.35 calls working? Are you not able to get outbound V.35 calls working?

First, if this MPS is only used as a GW and not an MCU, make sure that you have set Percent of Total Bandwidth to 100% under Gateway Configuration > Settings. This allocates the percentage of H.320 resources the GW can use (the remaining are allocated to MCU).

Are you truly using V.35 (Winchester 34 pin connector) or are you using RS449 or RS530 (DB37 and DB25 connectors)?

If the issue is with only inbound calls, try setting DTR Pulse to On for each of the connected V.35 ports under System Configuration > Serial V.35 > Slot 1 (or whatever slot your card is in).

Hi Murlin,

a have a short disconnection problem on my MPS 800 V35 connection. After five min the connection drop down and go up automatically.

I have connected the MCU Cisco MSE 8000 with MPS 800 in H323. The MPS V35 serial port is connected on a modem FRM220. Also i have a codec Polycom VSX family connected in V35 on another modem FRM. The two modems are looped with fiber optic patch.

On the MPS if i modify the DRT Pulse parameter to ON the connection drop down after 34 min!

Can you help me to understand where is the problem?

Thanks in advance

Giuseppe

Hi all,

the problem is the slot position and the clock source port.

For resolve the problem you must have the V35 card on the slot 1 and the H320 source clock on the port connected to the BME. The source clock start from the BME.....

Regards

Giuseppe