Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 8510 Mcu H323 Registration Limit ?

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is a H323 registration limit on a MSE 8510 MCU cluster?

I currently have 102 conferences registered but now all of a sudden when I add ot TMS adds any new conferences the MCU won’t register the H323 ID. Sip registrations work fine.

I don’t even see a registration attempt on the VCS control.

MCU: 8510 - 4.3(1.68)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI Haydn.  There is a limit to 100. 

Configuring H.323 gatekeeper settings

To configure gatekeeper settings, go to Settings > H.323.

You can configure the MCU to use a gatekeeper, which can make it  easier  for end-users to join conferences using directory numbers rather than  requiring them to know the IP address or host name of the MCU. The MCU  can  register up to 100 IDs with the gatekeeper; these IDs comprise  conferences' Numeric IDs, the MCU service prefix, and the H.323 ID. If you need to register more than 100 IDs, use a prefix for MCU registrations  to route calls to the MCU, rather than registering individual   conferences with the gatekeeper.

-----------------------

If running in a cluster configuration, I'm not sure if this still applies, I will have to check and see and find out more information if this applies in a cluster configuration. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Haydn von Imhof
Level 4
Level 4

The MCU shows the below message on the conference page of new scheduled conferences.

Ok so to test I deleted a few conferences and got down to 96 registered conferences. Now H323 registrations work again.

I then added conferences one by one and as soon as I get to 98 registered conferences, H323 registration stops working.

98 registered Conferences and the two MCU H323 ID's registred, seems there is a limit of 100 H323 registrations.

It must be even extended, I remember that we crased our x4 or x5 vcs with active authentication and single

conference registrations (and there its a bit different as you seem  to push the allowed aliases to the MCU)

and this was around 30 conferences.

What is the reason why you want to register the independent conferences, rather then using a single prefix?

Martin

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I have just started to do that now.

I am using the MCU service Prefix and not registering the individual conferences.

So there is a limit though?

Hi,

Are the number of participants same when you're adding the conference? What is your current number of participants in one conference? Whenever you're maxed out and unable to add the conferences, can you try to decrease the participants in the conference and check if that works?

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Even adding no participants to a conference or even the MCU I get the limit.

Whether TMS creates the conferences or I create them manually on the MCU as soon as I have more that 100 H323 registrations on the MCU cluster any further conference will not register.

HI Haydn.  There is a limit to 100. 

Configuring H.323 gatekeeper settings

To configure gatekeeper settings, go to Settings > H.323.

You can configure the MCU to use a gatekeeper, which can make it  easier  for end-users to join conferences using directory numbers rather than  requiring them to know the IP address or host name of the MCU. The MCU  can  register up to 100 IDs with the gatekeeper; these IDs comprise  conferences' Numeric IDs, the MCU service prefix, and the H.323 ID. If you need to register more than 100 IDs, use a prefix for MCU registrations  to route calls to the MCU, rather than registering individual   conferences with the gatekeeper.

-----------------------

If running in a cluster configuration, I'm not sure if this still applies, I will have to check and see and find out more information if this applies in a cluster configuration. 

VR

Patrick

I am running a cluster. So the limit then also applies to Clustering.

Thanks for the info though.

Thanks Patrick

Scheduled TMS conferences still need to register an H323 ID though otherwise it won’t connect participant to the conference. (As per my screen shot above)

This would mean the a MCU can only support 98 simultaneous conferences due to 2 registrations being used for the MCU H323 ID and MCU Service Prefix leaving 98 registrations free.

Or am I missing something?

HI Haydn - You can disable "Register Conference with Gatekeeper" in TMS under MCU in Systems Navigator by Navigating to the following: Settings>Extended Settings.  If you turn this off, the conferences won't register with GK and conference.create message from TMS won't tell MCU to register with GK.  If folks know the conference ID and the service prefix, then you can take advantage of what Martin has indicated and use the prefix to route the call.  This may be to your advantage in getting more conferences booked from TMS towards your clustered MCU's if your running into this limit. 

VR

Patrick

Great Thanks.

I will give that a try.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: