cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 8510 to TelePresence Server Migration - License Question

bvanbenschoten
Level 5
Level 5

I'm following the process for converting a 8510 MCU into a 8710 TS server.

I've ordered and obtained the 0-dollar migration SKU and have the PAK code

Top level part number

L-8000-CHLIC-PAK    MSE 8000 Chassis Licenses PAK PIDs

Option part number
L-8000-TSMO    TelePresence Screen Migration Option, order L-8000-CHLIC-PAK

Key question:  Will this pak be registered against:

1. The SN# of the MSE 8050 supervisor blade
  2. The SN# of the MSE chassis
  3. The SN# of the 8510 blade that is to be converted.

There are good docs on the conversion process regarding loading software and the process.

But nothing that I could find references exactly which SN# to use when registering the PAK for this process.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The TSMO option key will be applied to the MSE 8000 Chassis.

You are correct, the document doesn't clearly state where to apply it, however it is mentioned (very poorly) on pg 12, in the Reference section under Feature Keys. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The TSMO option key will be applied to the MSE 8000 Chassis.

You are correct, the document doesn't clearly state where to apply it, however it is mentioned (very poorly) on pg 12, in the Reference section under Feature Keys. 

Thank you.  That's what I was thinking but was trying to find a definitive answer before engaging with the licensing team

Not a problem, you'd apply it just like your MSE 8510 media port licenses to the MSE chassis.  If you have any other questions regarding your migration, let us know, I've performed several migrations on my 8510s as well as downgrading the TPS back to an MCU.

I have been unsuccessful in activatin the key. I am applying it to the MSE chassis and used that serial number when claiming the key but it just refuses with " correct errors and retry" no actual error code though.

Are you taking about the TMSO option key, are you sure you used the chassis serial number and not the supervisor blade's?

Yes you got it in one.

I used the serial number via TMS which is the supervisor engine.

licensing@cisco.com supplied a new key overnight and all worked fine.

Thanks for your answer.

Licensing should have picked up on the serial number, that is if they even bothered to check the serial you gave them in the first place to make sure it was appropriate for the option key you were trying to obtain.  That is the serial number was of an MSE Chassis and not of a MSE Supervisor blade.

Glad you got it sorted out!

Don't forget to rate helpful answers.

Please refer to page 8 of 

http://br.comstor.com/documents/50580/dPVT-Telepresence%20Conferencing%20Updates%20and%20Design-josalfre.pdf