cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi site video deployment with centralize call proccess agent and sip proxy gateway

kingvoice
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts ;

i am working on design of cisco video network  for centralized call manager and expresway C& E with remotes site , Howmuch put bandwidth for remote site as they will use expressway for B2Bcall from  main site .

Any help or document will be highly appreciated .

KV

13 Replies 13

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Impossible to say without more information, i.e. how many sites will be connected at the same time, what kind of call quality is required etc etc? In short, the more bandwidth you can throw at them, the better. ;)

Suggest you reach out to your Cisco rep for assistance.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

ok . I have 3  remote sites with  1 HQ . In HQ we have four SX-80 -- and each site has 1 SX-80 . Now we need Full HD and I am confuse how to calculate bandwidth while doing B2B and internal calls . And the main thing is what will be the bandwidth for HQ since there will be a proxy gateway (EXPWY)

Thanks

Take a look at the chart on page 143 of the admin guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx80-administrator-guide-tc73.pdf  - that should give an idea of the bandwidth required for full HD, however, you can, as a rule of thumb, use 2560kbps + 20% overheads = 3072kbps per call.

So if you have two separate, simultaneous, conferences you would need 6144kbps and so on.

We run ours at max speed, either 4Mbps or 6Mbps depending on system type, but then we have oodles of bandwidth available to us. :)

/jens

Ok but when we are making call from remote sites to outside network thorugh EXPWY . Do i need 3Mbps for HQ as well .. For instance , That call will consume 3Mbps from HQ to make call to outside and  3 Mbps from remote branch .. I mean i need 6Mbps in HQ  for each call .

i.e

To----------------------- From

Remote site ------- 3Mbps--    HQ

HQ---- 3Mbps----remote Site

HQ---- 3 Mbps------OUTSIDE

Regards;

KV

Not too sure if understand your question correctly, but;

If HQ is hosting a multipoint call with both branch and remote (external) site connected at the same time, then yes, HQ would need a total of 6Mbps as it is involved in two calls; 3Mbps between HQ and branch and 3Mbps between HQ and remote site.

If this is a point-to-point call between HQ and the branch, or between HQ and the external site, then HQ only needs a total of 3Mbps.

/jens

Thanks ; Is there any cisco doc related to above point for jusitification ? Also is there any explanation about hosting video calls by Callmanager and Expressway?. Appreciate

for you help. 

KV

Take a look at this design guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/uc_system/design/guides/videodg/vidguide/deploymt.html

Otherwise also take a look at the Expressway basic configuration and deployment guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-Expressway-Basic-Configuration-Deployment-Guide-X8-6.pdf

The CUCM with VCS deployment guide: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/X8-6/Cisco-VCS-SIP-Trunk-to-Unified-CM-Deployment-Guide-CUCM-8-9-10-and-X8-6.pdf

The CUCM admin guide can be found here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/products-maintenance-guides-list.html

The bandwidth requirements for HD etc can otherwise be found in the SX80 admin guide which I linked to earlier.

/jens

Hi,

This is really a very helpful discussion as I'm having a same scenario and you answered a lot of my queries. Only one more thing, let's say I have 8 QTY of sx80 in remote branches. All of them register on Unified CM located in HQ along with vTS/Conductor/TMS and would like to utilize resources of the vts400 located in HQ, Do I need to:

* Configure a separate DP on Unified CM for those branches and add all of them in one group or be the same as HQ DP.

* Also, what is the region configuration relationship between the regions of HQ and the branches (G711ulaw or G729r8 or they are not using the same concept as voice call)

*The location of HQ and remote branches should be unlimited or having a specific BW.

Thanks

Thanks for clarification ; but if the call is point to point between branch to external site by using HQ  CUCM and Expressway then how much will be the bandwidth requires in HQ ?

If we use 3Mbps as in the previous posts, then you'll still only need the 3Mbps, having CUCM and Expwy in the path doesn't require any additional bandwidth at the location of these devices.

/jens

Thanks ; But still I am confused Please clear this point once again .

Here is the call flow ----------

Remote branch--- HQ( CUCM / Expressway ) --- External site

Then is it in this way ? 

RB--- 3Mbps --- HQ ---- 3 Mbps--- External Site ?

Means such call consume only  3Mbps from HQ ?

As Jens mentioned in his previous post, 3 Mbps point-to-point call from Remote to External Site will utilized 3 Mbps only. A 3 Mbps call will always be a 3 Mbps no matter what the path of the call. In a centralized call processing, 3 Mbps bandwidth in the WAN links would be utilized and greater value of jitter/latency during the call would be experienced since the path of the call goes through the HQ to External Site.

regards,

Acevirgil

Its often a good idea to make a drawing to see where which components are and how your network looks like.

In general media in between direct cucm registered devices in a p2p video call will in most cases flow directly.

If the registration is done via expressway traffic will go via the the -E and -C

and if both systems are outside it would loop through the -c

We have some customers which just use MRA for remote sites, most others use MPLS, IPSEC or other VPN connections. the traffic flow here might look different.

So if you have a MRA registered endpoint and the Expressway -C in in the HQ and the call goes out via B2B it would be 2x 3mbit (or what ever call speed you use) .

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify