Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiparty Media 400v OVA not matching DocWiki Specifications

ryan_oconnell
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all

The DocWiki says Multiparty Media 400v, needs 30 vCPU, 64GB RAM and 53GB DISK. But the OVA from this URL doesn't match these spec.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284962668&softwareid=280886992&release=4.1(1.79)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Can someone tell me if I'm supposed to be using a different OVA?

If I used the OVA above and try to deploy it on the 400v server the only options available to me are "HIGH Density Cisco TP Server" which spec's are 30vCPU and 12gb RAM and 44GB Disk. The spec in the DocWiki are 30vCPU, 64 GB RAM and 53 GB Disk.

I can easily manually edit the RAM, which I did after i deployed the OVA but I'm not too certain how to edit the disk size. The reason is that the OVA deploys two disks. 1 Disk is 4GB the 2nd Disk is 40GB. How should i increase this to match the spec in the DocWiki?

Ryan

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

According to the TelePresence Server Virtual Install Guide on pg 6, the Multiparty Media 400v is a Cisco UCS C220 server, also if you look at pg 5 , you'll see that the High Density TPS is different than that of the Media 400v TPS.  It's also mentioned in the TelePresence Data Sheet, under Cisco UCS platform in Table 6 that it's a dedicated Cisco UCS server.

Hi Patrick,

Yes the 400v is absolutely a dedicated UCS c220 server. This I can confirm I have it right in front of me. My question is more on the build. Typically you install vTS using an OVA from Cisco. The OVA doesn't match the spec in the DocWiki but it does kinda match the spec in the Datasheet. 

If you look on page 17 TABLE 4 of the release notes http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/ts/release_note/Cisco-TelePresence-Server-Software-Release-Notes-4-1-1-79.pdf

It shows it's 30cpu and only 12GB of RAM. It's also not straight forward as to the hard disk requirements.  The OVA gives you 2 Hard Disks one is 4 gig the other is 40 which doesn't total 53

I opened a PDI case to help me get to the bottom of this

Hm, could it be that because the 400v is a dedicated server, that the OVA might have to be provided with the server, and not via Cisco.com download?  I would think that it would have already came configured or the necessary files would be provided with the server because it's a different build than the other vTP deployments.

Actually Patrick,

That's what I was kind of hoping for that the boxes come prestaged with ESX and everything ready to rock. This is sadly not the case. You get a server and you must manually install ESX then deploy the OVA just as if you were deploying another vTS server on a Spec Based VMware install.

Ryan

Ryan

I was in the same Boat a couple days ago, thinking I would get an appliance that was all setup. 

Did you get yours up with all 30 CPU?  Each time I change the config on the CPU the UI tells me the hardware has changed and may make it unstable. 

How did you configure the number of virtual sockets and number of cores on the VM.

Seems like the combinations I try fail.

Hello Brandon ;

I am facing the same issue will you please help me  ?.How you fix this issue ?

I will be thankful to you

There are some instuctions on how to edit the VM to the correct setting (1 Socket, 30 CPUs, 12Gb RAM) in the Release Notes.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hello Ryan ;

I am facing the same issue will you please help me  ?.How you fix this issue ?

I will be thankful to you

Ryan, did you get an answer. I am in this spot now. I need to load a 400v but I cannot find an OVA file. The docs are a little confusing as well. I do have a dedicated UCS and when I load the HD telepresence server , when I add 20 screen licenses I can only see 10 being used. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: