Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Ceiling Mic with SX20 codec

amit611988
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know from the datasheet that we can connect 2 Telepresence Ceiling Microphones to the SX20. But is there any compatible adapter available that could connect 3 Mics to the SX20. Also, do the shields really have impact on the sound quality. As we need to have one of the mics in between speaker and the meeting audience, what major impact could it be after I remove the shield from one the microphone. I know that the mic range is 180 degrees and around 4.3 feet unidirectional. Would be great if someone has the solution for connecting multiple cisco microphones to a single SX20 codec.

Regards,

Amit

3 Replies 3

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to use more than 2 ceiling mics with a SX20, then you'd need to feed the microphones in to an external mic mixer, then provide a single feed from the mixer in to the SX20.

If you don't want to use an external mixer, then, to use three microphones, the RoomKit Plus may be a better choice of codec as it will support 3 mics.

Or the SX80 would be your next step up which can handle 8.

If you are going to use an external mixer, you may find it easier to use third party microphones as well.  

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you think connecting Cisco Ceiling microphones to the mixer would be an easy task to do. Or do I need to play with pinouts as well. :) 

If you use the Cisco Ceiling Mics with the Euroblock/Phoenix connectors on them, then you may not need to mess around as much as using the ones with the 4-pole 3.5mm jack.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.