cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Precision 60 with SX80 Documentation

Mark Turpin
Level 5
Level 5

I am looking for a document that discusses the supported installations of an SX80 with three Precision 60's?

This document: 
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/camera/precisionhd/user_guide/precision60-speakertrack60-camera-guide.pdf  
Does discuss P60 Ethernet to SX80 Ethernet Port 2 or 3 so that addresses two cameras... HDMI 1 <> Ethernet Port 2, HDMI 2 <> Ethernet Port 3.

What is the documented/supported method for a third P60, though?

--
-Mark Turpin
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

Mark,

We have done this but with a SpeakerTrack 60 and additional P60. What you need to do actually is get a switch to expand the amount of ethernet ports. 

Do you currently have a Touch10 as well?

Connect LAN to Ethernet 1

Connect Camera 1 to Ethernet 2

Connect Camera 2 and 3 to switch and uplink switch to Ethernet 3

Check out the SX80 installation guide page 3 at the bottom right hand corner "Connect a network switch to the codec’s 2nd or 3rd Ethernet port, if you need more than two ports to support your devices."

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/installation-guide/sx80-installation-sheet.pdf

HTH

View solution in original post

Are you using HDMI or CAT5 extenders? Some HDMI extenders strip the camera ID and I've had issues with Atlonas in the past.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Daniel Isham
Level 4
Level 4

Mark,

We have done this but with a SpeakerTrack 60 and additional P60. What you need to do actually is get a switch to expand the amount of ethernet ports. 

Do you currently have a Touch10 as well?

Connect LAN to Ethernet 1

Connect Camera 1 to Ethernet 2

Connect Camera 2 and 3 to switch and uplink switch to Ethernet 3

Check out the SX80 installation guide page 3 at the bottom right hand corner "Connect a network switch to the codec’s 2nd or 3rd Ethernet port, if you need more than two ports to support your devices."

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/installation-guide/sx80-installation-sheet.pdf

HTH

Very helpful. I had read in other threads the network switch was the recommended route but was missing the documentation that specifically stated this was the supported way. Thank you. 

Not using the Touch in all installs - some are Touch and some are Crestron. 

On the topic of the Crestron, curious if you've seen anything related to this... Using a DPMS has created an interesting result: In two camera installs, if P60 #1 is on SX80 Ethernet 2 and P60 #2 is on SX80 Ethernet 3, but the switcher only provides one input to the SX80 on camera HDMI 1, the association between camera 1 and 2 does not always align. It is as if the SX80 loses track of which camera is 1 and 2 - my belief is this is because it using the HDMI assignments versus the Ethernet port assignments to determine who is camera 1 and who is camera 2. 

--
-Mark Turpin

Are you using HDMI or CAT5 extenders? Some HDMI extenders strip the camera ID and I've had issues with Atlonas in the past.

Yes extenders are in use - they are Cables to Go (29298) units that are supposed to support EDID pass through.  I'm wondering if they're stripping it even though they're supposed to be compatible....

--
-Mark Turpin

Hi Mark,

I am having issues with a similar setup.  

2 - P60 cameras, but using a Crestron 201-c and DM-RMC to extend the HDMI signal going to a DMPS then to the SX80.

Our SX80 also is losing track of the camera associations. If we connect the cameras directly with an HDMI cable to the SX80 it tracks fine.

Have you found any solution to this issue? I am currently working with both Cisco and Crestron on the problem but was just curious. 

Sure did.

First, upgrade to TC7.3.

Navigate to Configuration > System Config > Camera

Now, you'll find there's a new field called AssignedSerialNumber where you can populate the serial number of the camera. You'll still send commands using camera ID but now the codec can keep track of which camera is camera 1, 2, etc.

Problem solved!

--
-Mark Turpin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: