cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Provisioning Phonebooks

Anthony Thomson
Level 3
Level 3

I've some clients (government entities) that are sharing a VCS Expressway; they each have their own VCS Control, their own SIP domains, and their own TMS installation.  None of the TMS applications is directly managing the VCS Expressway as it's own device.

If two of the clients want to use Jabber Video for Telepresence (a.k.a. Movi), will the provisioning phonebooks remain separate (they can each have their own phonebook "phonebook@companyA.com" and "phonebook@companyB.com", and searchable for Jabber clients registering to the Expressway?  Or does this break the phonebook model?  Do I have to use just a single provisioning phonebook, even though they're on separate domains?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Can't see how it would break the phonebook model as long as you are not doing provisioning on the VCS-E.

When registering to the VCS-E., both authentication and provisioning should be done by the VCS-C the user "belongs" to.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Can't see how it would break the phonebook model as long as you are not doing provisioning on the VCS-E.

When registering to the VCS-E., both authentication and provisioning should be done by the VCS-C the user "belongs" to.

/jens

Thank you; that was my thought as well, but I had this niggling doubt at the back of my mind that I couldn't squash without hearing it from someone else first. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: