cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Screen Endpoints in CUVC

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

We have a CUVC 5230 running 7.2.0.0.1.  Single screen/codec units work great with it.  However, I am unable to get multiple screen endpoints to connect more than one codec to the CUVC.  I know that with a Codian/Tandberg TelePresence Server, I need to add a "Grouped Endpoint" with the IP addresses of the codecs in order to make this work.

How can I get multiple codec endpoints on a CUVC?  It's not obvious in the configuration.  Perhaps I'm missing a license?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

which triple screen endpoints?

Cisco CTS you need CTMS

for non-CTS I dont think is possible with that version

Yes, I'm referring to multiscreen Polycom units.  I can only get one codec on multiscreen Polycoms to connect to the CUVC.  I know that in the Codian TelePresence Server you configure all the IPs of the endpoint in order to make it work.  However, I don't see how to configure this in the CUVC.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

Hi JMUNOZ,

Reffering to your last post, I wish you can give me a insight for a probable hickup that I'm having.

I'm trying to Connect a THREE SCREEN POLYCOM ATX 300 to A Cordian 4500 MCU. Would all three screens be displayed to other conference participents?

thanks

DW

Only the primary codec of the ATX 300 will show up on the Codian 4500 MCU.  Codian/Cisco wants you to purchase a TelePresence Server (along with a "Grouped Endpoints" license) for third party multiple screen endpoints.  You add the ATX as a "Grouped Endpoint" and call all the codecs into the TelePresence Server.  The TelePresence Server will then recognize that the three codecs are actually a single endpoint and will group them accordingly.

The Polycom RMX bridge will also group the endpoints for you.

Thanks, Jeff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: