cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiway with Conductor/VCS

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10
Has someone configured multiway with conductor and VCS using a format other than the {username}.meet format as explained in the configuration guides? Are there any other wildcards/regex that can be used other than {username}?
Please rate useful posts.
5 Replies 5

George,

Yes you can - here's a thread that might help: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12327146/multiway-uri-and-tmspe

Thanks Nick, however I am in the same boat as you, no TMSPE.

You can still configure multiway to use just about whatever regex you want.  We are only using TMSPE for Jabber/Movi - everything else is either manually configured or configured via TMS.

As an example, we use a "102" prefix, followed by a unit's unique E164 number, followed by our SIP domain e.g. 102(\d+)@ourdomain.com

Conductor seems to accept any Regex a VCS tranform or search rule would, it just has to be a valid SIP URI.

I was hoping to not manually configure the Multiway network address on the endpoint themselves. Was looking to see if its possible to have address automatically generated. .

Yeah I wish that was the case, but you can only do that while using TMSPE.  It's a bit of a gap in capability but unlikely to be fixed because of Cisco's drive to get everyone on CUCM.

The only way for manual/TMS provisioned endpoints to get a multiway URI configured is manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: