cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX 300 G2 connection of the microphone

Wolfgang8853
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i need the connection of the microphone. I want to connect it to our Soundsystem. Please can you send me a picture and the connection details?

Thanks Wolfgang

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's unclear what you are trying to achieve, but for microphone connections to the MX, or finding the 3.5mm output which you could take to an external audio system, please refer to the "Connecting the cables" section of the Installation Guide.  There is a picture there (page 5).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

At first Thank you for your reply. But I need the circuit diagram of the microfon jack.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
You able to send me a link to the document where I can find the detailed audio spec's you've provided above. Would be greatly appreciated.

The table used to be part of the Admin Guides for the units - but it doesn't seem to be in the newer ones.

If you look at Page 108 of this older one: SX20 TC6 Admin Guide you'll see the same info as I provided above.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
I have a similar challenge to connect a MX300 G2 in room mic and speaker system. It's unclear to me from install guide whether I can use the audio input and audio output 3.5mm jacks. I hope I can use the audio output into my in room speaker system and the audio input from the mic's in my in room system. Is this correct?

Yes, you can feed your room mics through your room system in to the mic input of the codec, and take the output of the MX in to your room systems/loudspeaker system using the wiring as described above.  It is recommended that in this scenario that you use your in-Room DSP to do any echo cancellation and disable it on the codec due to the delays that may be added by your in-room processing.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
So, to clarify, I need to use the microphone inputs (where my TT20 mic's Telepresence Mic 20 are currently plugged into). To connect external audio speaker system I need to connect to use the auto output. 
From an external microphone system I need a balanced signal using Tip, Ring 1 and shield. I assume I don't need the Mic control? The max signal level is-18.3dBu.

To feed my speaker amplifier I used the audio output (line out) with maximum out put level of 8.2dBu.

Appreciate you confirm for me. Thanks.

I also read in another post it's advisable to turn off unused Mic's  and understand there's and internal mic in the unit itself which i need to disable?

P.S what is the Mic control signal used for? Is it to control the LED on the TT20 to indicate mic is muted or not?