Views
Helpful
Replies

MX-700 Default background

jander4172e
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I'm trying to save a copy of the default HD mountain picture on the Cisco MX-700, so that we can modify it w/ information to make the device easier for our customers to use.  Is there a way to extract that default image?  SD copy attached.

Thanks for your help

Jim

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There isn't a way to my knowledge, maybe if you had SFTP access to the file system which we don't have, however TAC might be able to help get you a high resolution copy of the image if the copy you have isn't sufficient for your needs.

Thank Patrick,

SFTP fails to connect after authentication and I do have a ticket in w/ TAC to see if they can assist.  Thanks again!!.

SFTP won't work as I mentioned in my previous reply, this is because the root account is no longer accessible.  There is a Remote Support account that has some file system access, but requires TAC to enable, though I'm not sure if the default wallpapers would even be accessible using that method.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The image you have linked is a 2500x1406 pixel file, I'm not sure how much more "HD" than that you want as that's more than the resolution displayed on most endpoints (1920x1080).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: