cancel
Announcements

AMA-CUCM Troubleshooting: Best Practices for Reading Trace Files

Views
Helpful
Replies
Enthusiast

MX200/300 - WAN QoS Requirements?

Is anyone running the MX200/300 units in their environment? If so what WAN QoS requirements have you put around them? I am struggling with deciding to either add these into our LLQ along with voice or give them their own CBWFQ. I am also struggling with finding specific bandwidth requirements for these units. The telepresence SRNDs for Branch QoS are referencing the CTS series so I don't know if what they are recommending is still applicable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/tpqosbranch.html#wp1071587

My thought is I would rather put this traffic into it's own CBWFQ with the appropriate bandwidth dedicated to it so I don't impact our voice environment. It also seems like it is recommended to add "queue-limit 128" under the class per the earlier mentioned telepresence SRND guide.

I would also be interested to hear in general if anyone has used CBWFQ rather than LLQ for their telepresence WAN deployments... any good/bad/indifferent experiences???

Everyone's tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: MX200/300 - WAN QoS Requirements?

The service we sell our customers for TP is AF41 in a CBWFQ.

It works very well.

I am sure you could put it in a LLQ if you wanted to, but that would get expensive quickly.

I would have to go back and review the doc to see why that command is important in context.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards