Views
Helpful
Replies

MX300 G2 - Intelligent Proximity

Lloyd Goddard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We are awaiting delivery of some new MX300 G2 units.  Whilst taking a look at this new model I stumbled upon this keynote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOWiXy50bEI

Does anyone have any release details around the IOS app required to enable intelligent proximity? I have searched the Apple app store and it doesn't appear to be available yet.

Thanks in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet, that is why you cannot find any documentation or a page to download the app.

Cisco is going to release this feature soon. As this is a public forum, I cannot share the ETA for this functionality. Therefore, I suggest you to contact your local Cisco representative in order to get further information on when this new feature is going to be available.

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

Everyone that connects to the endpoint using proximiry will be able to disconnect the call, I think this is what Darren is referring to.

Guys, for discussions on Cisco Proximity we have now opened a new community for support/discussions/beta test feedback. Please go to this link: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/12156681/cisco-proximity to continue the discussion on this app. The people that can do the changes are monitoring the proximity forum and not this one ;)

We also have an FAQ for the most common questions here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12159326/frequently-asked-questions-cisco-proximity

/Magnus

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Unfortunately, this feature is not available yet, that is why you cannot find any documentation or a page to download the app.

Cisco is going to release this feature soon. As this is a public forum, I cannot share the ETA for this functionality. Therefore, I suggest you to contact your local Cisco representative in order to get further information on when this new feature is going to be available.

I hope this help.

Regards

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Thanks, I managed to get some info from our Cisco account manager.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The Cisco Proximity app is avialable in the Apple store now (Canadian Store anyways).  I've installed it, but I cannot get it to work on C20 or SX20 codecs.  wonder if there is something that needs to be enabled on the codec first?

Darren

Great news, the app is also now available in the UK store. Appears it is initially supported on SX20, SX80, MX200 G2, MX300 G2, MX700 and MX800 units & supported on software version TC7.1 which doesn't yet appear to be published. Watch this space. Thanks for providing the update. Exciting times.

I just found out that my the device needs to be on the same network as the codec.  I thought (naively), that the content was somehow transmitted through the ultrasound connection.  I was very excited, but now my entire Friday is ruined. We don't permit users to connect their devices directly to our network.

Got it to work with C90 through the experimental menu settings, and it does use ultrasound for peering, however, I also found I could not only initiate new calls, but als disconnect the current call from within the app - and that is not good - what's worse is that I could do this from outside the room as well once it was peered.

So no, this is not a feature we can allow - unfortunately. :(

/jens
Please rate replies and mark question(s) as answered if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

We will release a Cisco Proximity Community in Cisco Support Forums this week. It´s great that you all have opinions on the Cisco Proximity. Currently you have to be on the same network as the system to make it work.

C-Series are not supported although the BYOD config and functionality is available on experimental in TC7.0.2.

TC7.1 is right around the corner and will be released very soon. I´ll post a note when we have released it.

Darren: For pairing it is using ultrasound, after this the communication is https. 

Jens: When you where outside of the room was all the doors/windows/passways/channels etc closed? A piece of paper can stop the ultrasound so when the rooms is closed this should not occur. Audio leakage is a possible vulnerability if the room has open doors / windows. This is something we will consider in the later release. You will also see on the system who is connecting to the system, although this is currently only the phone name which can be tampered with. The volume of the ultrasound can also be adjusted:

xConfiguration Experimental AudioPair DemoMode: On (disable automatic volume adjustment)
xConfiguration Experimental AudioPair Volume: 70 (0-100, 70 is default)

Regarding hanging up the call, we are aware of this and this might be improved so that we can prevent random meeting participants being able to hang up the call.

But for the time being the app is "use on your own risk".

Stay tuned for the new Cisco Proximity Community coming out this week, here you can share your experiences with the app and functionality. :)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/12156681/cisco-proximity

Thanks Magnus,

Will C-series be officially supported?

All windows and doors were shut; one story building, one door. Turning down ultrasound volume may help though, might give that a try even though we can't use this app anywhere due to connect/disconnect availability issue.

/jens

Unfortunately C-series will not be supported. It is mainly the new portfolio that will get full support for most of the new features.

Yes, we figure this can create potential risks to the conference. We know about it and we will discuss it and hopefully come up with a solution that makes it a little more flexible to for example prevent the common user to be able to disconnect conferences of which they are not the host.

/Magnus

Probably neither here nor there since it won't offcially support C-series considering features listed in the Experimental menu can be removed/changed at any time without warning in upcoming software releases.

We have a large number of C-series systems, which has to last at least another 3 - 5 years before we even consider upgrading considering the sheer costs involved. (We only purchased another 5 C90 systems late last year.) I suspect we won't be the only ones missing out.

Too bad as this looked like having a great potential in an university environment such as ours.

Out of curiosity, how many clients can connect simultaneously to a system?

/jens

Hi

Yes it is unfortunate but there was a good reason for it but I cannot recall what it was.

Here are the ones I know at least: SX20:8, MX200/300-G2: 8, SX80: 30, MX700/800: 30

/Magnus

Thanks Magnus, very much appreciated.

/jens

Hey all,

Thought I would pass along that I have this working on a C-20 that was updated to TC7.0.2.  Once it was updated I just had to add the xConfiguration command in the API section (was posted here earlier, but doesn't seem to be here anymore).  This is really slick.  The feature where snapshots are captured during the presentation so you can go back is really appealing.  Very well done on this one.  I will be sad to see it not supported on any of the C series once its out of beta though.

The problem with using this on the C series devices is the disconnect option on the Ipad or iphone.