Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX300G2 resolution drops on content and on second display

Hello all,

I have been fighting some resolution issues on the MX300G2 and I was hoping someone else had seen this and knew the fix.  Right now I have two different issues: 1. The PC resolution to the MX300G2 shows as "resolution unknown" every morning when the MX comes out of standby and never recovers until a reboot.  The PC never sleeps so the resolution should never drop.  This can also happen randomly throughout the day.  I have tested and replaced everytihng in line to the MX at this point and it still occurs so now I am starting to think its the MX.  I have tested with a few different machines and get the same result.

The second is on the secondary display side.  We have 10 MX300G2s hooked up to Sharp 55" TVs as their second display and after a few hours all of a sudden (either after standby or sometimes just randomly) the TV will lose its signal from the MX.  I have set everything to auto hoping that it would be more forgiving for resolution changes however it keeps happening. This seems to be separate from the resolution on the PC dropping.  In many cases the signal going to the second screen is when the PC is awake and up on the screen and then the signal will just drop from the MX.  This happens on EVERY MX I have (12).  There is nothing in line in this signal path, its a direct HDMI from the MX to the TV.  We have tried on other Tvs, some do the same some dont.   

Thoughts?  Feelings?  Misgivings?

Thanks,

Liam McDonough

Senior Collaboration Engineer

Cimpress

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds pretty straight forward, like you've already either replaced or tried swapping out everything you can think of to try and eiliminate issues, and you're still getting the same results.  Strange that this his happening to all of them and the symptoms are identical.  Is the setup exatly the same for all 12 MX systems - ie: same PC type (make/model), Sharp TV, etc?

The only things I would try is possibly upgrading to the latest software release, which currently is TC7.3.4, or possibly a factory reset.  Beyond that, I don't know, and would probably contact TAC.