Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MXP 3000 Power supply death or smth other

Hi guys!

Codec doesn't turn on by RMC. RMC is ok, tested through mobile phone camera.

when i've turned on codec, the power indicator on a front panel lighted up and turned off in 3 secs itself. Then again after 5-7 secs turned up twinkling and down. Turning up power indicator, ethernet indicator and camera indicator do it together. Then turning down power indicators all other indicators turned down too. 

Ethernet cable did the same twinkling by green light for 1 sec then turning down to 5 secs.

Camera green indicator lighted up for 1 sec then turned down to same 5 secs. 

I guess power supply is damaged. But also it could be fuse, capacitor or other electronic detail.

I didn't have a tester to measure current and voltage being onsite, but it will be possible tomorrow.

Any ideas?

KR

AZ

6 Replies 6

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi.

It looks like you have an issue with your power adapter.

You could try a working power adapter from another similar system to make sure that it is not the codec.

I would recommend you to contact TAC to get your RMA processed, just point your browser to http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/launch.do and follow the simple creation steps.

Thanks

/Marius

Hi Marius!

Thx 4 joining.

Having service contract we tried to get by console port but couldn't see anth. So TAC team decided to change th codec. We changed it but when we connect camera to codec, codec turns off as it was, so we've opened new case. I guess possible damages could be with Camera or its cable.

KR

AZ

Hi

We have seen some issue with MXP, when we connect camera or perform movement in camera codec reboot. This is due to inadequate power coming from power adapter. We might facing similar issue here as well, kindly swap power adapter if you have another one or ask TAC to send one as replacement, might be that is faulty.

Regards,

Vivek

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Intresting, could you provide me with the SR# in private message? ( Click my name and on the right side you should see "send private message" )

For me it sounds like you have an issue here and I assume that your camera is getting powered from the camera control point on the codec.

1. Try to unplug the video cable to see if it boots. ( if it boot get a new video cable )

2. Try to change the camera control cable ( if it works with another camera control cable get a new camera control cable)

3. If issue still persists with new cables then you should go through with the camera replacement.

Thanks

//Marius

Hi Marius!

That model has only one cable from camera to codec----- Data port 2(RS-232)--aka RJ-45.

I will clarify SR# soon.

KR

AZ

1. Try to unplug the video cable to see if it boots. ( if it boot get a new video cable )

ye it works.

TAC will send new camera and interface cable.

Let's see what it does.

KR

AZ