cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need clarification on max FullHD calls for TPS and MCU servers.

handermanntr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to find validation on the max number of FullHD calls possible with the different hardware for MCU's and TPS servers. The information I am finding seems to contradict itself, and I am hoping someone can clear it up. Note that I am referring to FullHD 1080p30 without any content channel. Much of the documentation does not reference this information without the content channel. I am looking for the maximum for the following platforms:

MCU 5310/TPS 310:

MCU 5320/TPS 320:

TPS 7010:

TPS 8-core VM:

MCU 8510 Media 2 blade/TPS 8710 Blade:

MCU 8510 Full Cluster:

TPS 8710 Full Cluster:

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe TelePresense Server will use the lowest call capacity based on the main video selected when content quality isn't selected, so in this case, I believe it would be 1080p30 (720p15 content).  With that said, refer to table 6 of the TelePresence Server Data Sheet to see the maximum call capacity.

MCUs only have video ports when in FullHD mode, refer to Port Matrix in the MCU Series Online Help and MCU 5300 Series Online Help for their maximum call capacity.

Note all TelePresence Server and MCU products are no longer being sold, recommended replacement is Cisco Meeting Server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: