cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need Gateway with more than 4 BRIs

aretsu
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a central site and 8 remote sites, and he wants to enable IP Videoconference between all the sites. At the central site he is planning in a 3510 MCU, and he has an ISDN link (BRI) to each remote site. He wants to include a 3520 with 4 BRI links, but he needs 4 more BRI links, the question is: Can I include 2 3520 Gateways for this? Can I set up a conference between users through the 2 Gateways? If I can not do that, how can I manage this?

Example:

Users_A ---ISDN ----3520 -----MCU (LAN Users) -----3520-----ISDN----Users_B

Can I have conference videoconference between all the users? A, B and LAN?

TIA

Alex

2 Replies 2

s-doyle
Level 3
Level 3

Instead of going for one more 3520 you can go for a 3525 which supports PRI interface,which can be used on the central site to recieve the calls from the remote site.

The IP/VC 3525 gateway translates H.323 and H.320 protocols to allow H.320 WAN terminals to participate in H.323 videoconference calls. This gateway supports the PRI interface. Both T1 and E1 are supported, making this gateway suitable for deployment anywhere in the world. The IP/VC 3525 Gateway supports three calls at 384 kbps, four calls on E1, or up to eight calls at 128 kbps. Audio transcoding is also supported as a standard feature for optimal audio quality.

The IP/VC 3525 Gateway also houses an embedded gatekeeper.

OK, but what if the customer wants to deal with BRI circuits (not PRI), could I use more than one 3520 and enabling VC´s between them?

Does the 3520 house an embedded gatekeeper?

TIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: