Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for ordering C40 codec options

Hello! I'm planning to buy few C40 codecs and seller offers me to buy three options for it, but I can't find description of these options. Seller is not so adequate as I'd want and these options cost a lot. Here they are:

LIC-INTP-C40-DDIntegrator   Package C40 Dual Display Option
LIC-INTP-C40-MSIntPkg Codec C40, 4Way Individual Transcoding   Multisite
LIC-INTP-C40-PRIntPkg Codec C40Premium Resolution   (1080p/720p60) Option

I found document with similar options here (Table 3) but it's also no description:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps11304/ps11312/ps11332/data_sheet_c78-628593_ps11422_Products_Data_Sheet.html

I think that these options allow me

a) to use two(only two or more???) displays with C40

b) to use C40 as MCU for up to four sites without having any additional standalone MCU

c) to use FullHD video for videocalls(but I'm buying 1080p cameras for C40, do I need license also for C40??)

So, I'd like to ask somebody who is familiar with ordering of Cisco/Tandberg to describe these options.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're actually correct on your assumptions and descriptions, you've listed exactly pretty much what each of those options do.

Dual Display -

The C40 has the capability to display the same video on both outputs by default, if you don't get this option.  This option is to display two seperate video sources on two displays, such as:  Farsite on output 1 and Content/Selfview on output 2.

Premium Resolution -

You might be purchasing 1080p cameras, but premium resolution will allow you to transmit higher resolutions during a call.  You can still display full HD video when not in a call though if you opt to not get this option.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You're actually correct on your assumptions and descriptions, you've listed exactly pretty much what each of those options do.

Dual Display -

The C40 has the capability to display the same video on both outputs by default, if you don't get this option.  This option is to display two seperate video sources on two displays, such as:  Farsite on output 1 and Content/Selfview on output 2.

Premium Resolution -

You might be purchasing 1080p cameras, but premium resolution will allow you to transmit higher resolutions during a call.  You can still display full HD video when not in a call though if you opt to not get this option.

Hi, Patrick. Much appreciate for you help. So, could you kind please try to answer one more question.

The seller tries to sell me LIC-INTP-C40-MS for every C40. Assuming, I will use four C40 together, I think that it's will be enough to buy only one license for codec that will be acting as MCU for connecting others in one conference? I realize that it will be possible to use only one codec that have such option to use as MCU then. Are my suggestions right once again? )) What do you think?

You're correct.  Only one codec needs the multisite option, which will be the host serving as an MCU to the other codecs.  I don't have any codecs with the multisite option because we have our own hardware MCU, but understanding multisite in the past, one of those 4 avaliable multisite connections will be taken up by the host codec.

I don't see a reason to have multisite on all of your codecs, unless you'd just like to have that option for a certain number of them if not all that you might would want to provide the ability to host a multi-participant call.

Thanks a lot, Patrick. Your information vas very helpful!

Hi Patrick,

Would like to know, if you able to point me to any document within Cisco website for the following?

Dual Display -

Appreciate your kind help.

Cheers!

Hello, I don't know of an actual configuration document except looking through admin guides for the codec to read up each setting I'll point out below, but I can try to help.

To enable Dual Display, of course you need the DD option key installed on the codec.

Check and change the following settings as you see fit:

• Video > Monitors > Dual
  • Output > HDMI 1 / DVI 2 > Monitor Role > First (Farsite) / Second (Content/Selfview)

Note, if you're running TC6, there is a known bug that will prevent anything being displayed to the second screen in dual screen mode.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick reply. Just to clarify, WITHOUT the Dual Display option key, the second output (DVI-I) would be disabled or enabled? Am trying to lookup the exact definition on this within Cisco document.

Cheers!

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

The output will be enabled, however you won't be able to display different content on each display. E.g. with dual display option enabled you will be able to have far-end video displayed on one display and a presentation on the other display.

/jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi Jens,
So, without the Dual Display option, am still able to connect the 2 screens to the C40. But just be showing the same content on both screens.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

That is correct.

/jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

NamIT100588
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for Patrick Sparkman's answer.by the way can you explain two option below

-

SW Image Non-Encrypted SX Series
SW Image Encrypted SX Series

both option on codec sx20.

Depending on the codec you have and if it supports AES encryption, you'll want the encrypted software image.  If it doesn't support AES encryption than you'll want the other.  Depending on the country you're in, they might not allow crypto products etc, hense the non-encryption options.