cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need recommendation for 70" - 80" monitors for C-series

eric-gordon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting ready to install a C90 system with large monitors.  I'd like to go with 80" LCD TVs rather than professional monitors. My main reason being is that the current 80" monitors on the market are really deep/bulky and are much more expensive (such as Sharp PN-E802 or NEC V801).   I would prefer something slimmer such as any of the newer Sharp LC-80 models.

I was wondering if anyone has had success with any 70" or 80" series of TVs on a C-series where everything worked well, especially the CEC function (wake / sleep from CODEC) with is a requirement for me.

(End setup will be a C90, 7" Cisco touch, 2 large displays, ceiling mics, ceiling speakers)

Thanks!

eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

We've been using two Sharp Aquos 70" in most of our meeting rooms for the past 12 months or so, CEC support is on HDMI only. http://www.sharp.net.au/product-catalogue/products/LC70LE735X/

We've got around 20 of them deployed around the place and haven't had any issues so far.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as  "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

We've been using two Sharp Aquos 70" in most of our meeting rooms for the past 12 months or so, CEC support is on HDMI only. http://www.sharp.net.au/product-catalogue/products/LC70LE735X/

We've got around 20 of them deployed around the place and haven't had any issues so far.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as  "answered" if applicable.

Thanks,  It looks like this is a similar to what I am looking at purchasing:

Sharp LC-80LE757 80-inch Aquos Quattron

http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTV/Models/LC80LE857U.aspx

Yeah, we would have liked to go for the  80" as well, but we couldn't justify the cost.

Don't know how they're priced where your are, but here the 80" is around twice the cost of a 70", and paying an additional +4k for 10" was just a tad too much for us.

/jens

Hi,   I am having some issues getting the CEC function to work with a Sharp Aquos 70" and a C40.   The touchpad can put the TV to sleep with no issues, and the touchpad can even wake it up in the first 10 minutes or so after sleep.  But after 10 minutes the Sharp seems to switch from stand-by to off, and the touchpad can no longer wake the tv.  

Here are the settings I have set on the Sharp: 

AQUOS LINK CONTROL ->  ON

AUTO POWER ON  ->  ON

CHANNEL SELECT KEY  -  ON (for HDMI port connected to codec).

Any thoughts on why this is not working or other settings I need to check?

Thanks

eric

That's the settings I'm using, can you wake it up after 10 minutes by using the remote control?

We're not using touchpads, only the remote control for the systems using this type of monitors, and I haven't seen this particular issue, so could it be a touchpad related issue?

/jens

When I say touchpad, I am referring to the 7" Cisco touchpad controller that came with the C40.  It is able to wake up the TV only for about 10 minutes after going in to standby.   After about 10 minutes,  it looks like the TV standby light turns from on to off.   After this time, the CODEC/Cisco remote can no longer wake up the TV, and the TV needs to be manually turned on.    I'm wondering if there is a CODEC setting I am missing or maybe a TV setting to get the CODEC to always be able to wake up the TV. 

eric

What software version is the codec running?

/jens

SW version is TC6.1.1.7d7af15

Thanks,

eric  

I'd be looking on the TV for that sort of behaviour.  At a guess, it'd be the No Signal Off setting - where the TV will turn off after it has no signal for a period of time (15 mins).

Check in your TV menu, under the power settings - Set the No Signal Off to Disabled.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: