cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Neighbor Zones Device types in Expressway-C

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Anyone see a list of on devices can be neighbored to an expressway-C. 

I want a list of support and unsupported devices?

Is it anything that would be problematic? Is the only requirement device supports sip trunking?

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The neighbour device can be SIP or H.323 (or both), it doesn't just have to be SIP.

There really isn't any list of what will work and what will not.  Generally, as long as the non-Cisco device communicates correctly in a standards-based way, it won't be an issue.  If you have some specific device in mind, perhaps check their website for any specific incompatibility information, or use the Cisco bug search tool to see if they are mentioned in any bugs.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hey Wayne,

Thanks as always for replying this is my understanding as well. I am looking for a list of what would be supported via TAC. I don't want to have the conversation after the fact, but basically I have a requirement for a CUBE router to be a neighborzone to Expressway-C.  I don't think I have seen that type of topology described in any CVD or SRND I have seen.  Question is it documented anywhere that this will be supported by TAC and what limitation exist.