cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New FindMe Portal

Darren Goulden
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded to VCSx7.1/TMS 13.2 over the weekend and I can edit a users FindMe from the 'Edit in FindMe User Portal' link on the user but when I try to login as the user directly to the portal I cannot login, my TMS server is standalone (not part of a domain) and the portal link I'm using is

http://<tms fqdn>/tmsagent/portal/

I've read this section of the documentation 'You can add FindMe accounts and groups manually, but note that these users will not have access to the FindMe portal. We therefore recommend that manual accounts are only used for group accounts and any other users who will never need access to the portal. For further information about individual and group FindMe accounts, see Individual and group FindMe types.'

Does this mean only syncronised users (AD/LDAP) will have access to the portal? I do hope not!

Cheers

1 Reply 1

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I also see that there is still some way to go with the new setup till usable for us again.

From what I understood the account must be present as a windows login name so ISS (the

webserver part of windows) can authenticate the user.

So in theory you could try to add the account locally on your TMS. But yea, its not really

suitable for a mass deployment as passwords will get out of sync, lots to maintain in parallel, ...

Maybe thinking about skipping this feature for now or investige to set up an AD for TMS could be ways to go, ... :-(

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: