cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No connection with ISDN Link and Polycom Bridge

bob.ralke
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded a court room from Edge 95 with ISDN to SX 20 and ISDN Link. Previously the court communicated IP to local endpoints and ISDN to several Polycom Bridges nationally. SX 20 works great IP but will only connect to a Cisco Bridge (our test brige in Toronto) but not to the Polycom bridges that they use to. Changed Capset per TAC instructions after providing configs, only to get video on one bridge but no audio. After weeks of trying this and that TAC wants us or the customer to find a Polycom bridge and engineer to record what is happening at the far end.  Why are we doing the R &D on this equipment, why doesn't Cisco arrange the connection with a Polycom engineer.           

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There's a bug in TC6.1.x and TC6.2.0 talking to Polycom end points and bridges that stops video or audio from working (See bug CSCuh27649).

This is resolved in TC6.2.1 due out in the next week or so.

As a work around, we've found that downgrading to TC6.0,1 or using SIP rather than H.323 is a workaround. Not sure if that'll help with your ISDN link though. You might just have to hang out for the fixed firmware.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Bob,

Further to what Wayne said. If you have a TAC case already open you can request the TC 6.2.1 software even though not released yet. The TAC engineer will send you a download link.

I received the software last week to fix some other issues i had with 6.2

I was told today that "TC6.2.1 is going to release next week", so unless it's extremely urgent that you upgrade for your issue, it may not be worth the trouble of going through TAC.

But, if your problem is urgent, then yes, as above, please contact the TAC and request a copy. I've had a couple of different versions of TC6.2.1 over the last few weeks which have been addressing multiple issues I've had in TC6.1.x and TC6.2.0.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hopefully going through TAC is not too troublesome

//Marius

Thanks everyone, contacted the person working on our ticket and just waiting to received the Latest release.

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Send me a private message with your CCO-account - and I will be able to release the newest beta/version on cisco.com for you to test in your lab/equipment.

Please note that that what I will release for you is not a finalized software and should only be used for testing purposes.

Thanks

//Marius

bob.ralke
Level 1
Level 1

My partner installed the new release last friday and after hours of resets and changes with the codecs network programming the link and codec finally talked to each other and to the network. Today he is testing to a polycom bridge via ISDN and we only get video from the far end no audio, the far end gets no video or audio. He added the previous capset filter and we get the same results. All IP and ISDN calls to other Cisco endpoints work great. Any suggestions..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: