Views
Helpful
Replies

No outgoing video from Webex Room Dual devices on VC Bridge

Alex_Thomson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm new to video conferencing so don't know where to look.

We have an issue where if a Webex Room Dual 55 or Dual 70 joins a VC bridge, and then shares a presentation before anyone else joins, and then someone else joins, the other users can only see the presentation feed and not the camera feed from the endpoint.

We found a workaround of having the endpoint put the call on hold and then resume and share presentation again.  This must force some renegotiation.  But I would like to prevent it happening in the first place.

If the other person joins before the presentation is shared, they will see the camera feed and then both feeds once presentation is shared, as normal.

This only occurs on dual screen endpoints, single screen Webex Room 55 devices work as they should, sending both feeds from the start.  Also only happens when on a VC bridge, does not occur on a Webex call.

I can see from the Call Control screen on the endpoints GUI that from the start, when it first joins a VC Bridge and no one else is there yet, there is no outgoing video.  When I start sharing presentation, there is an outgoing presentation feed, but still no outgoing video.  When another user joins the bridge, the outgoing video does not appear.

Edit:  Using Cisco CMS v2.9.6 for bridge

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Without knowing all the exact details etc, I wonder if you are hitting CSCvx56476. This is currently fixed in CMS 3.1.3 and 3.2.1

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This sounds very much like a configuration issue on the bridge.  Are you able to provide details of what bridge (brand/model/etc) you are using?

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne

Using Cisco CMS v2.9.6

Without knowing all the exact details etc, I wonder if you are hitting CSCvx56476. This is currently fixed in CMS 3.1.3 and 3.2.1

Yes, that was it.  Thanks Sebastian.

Turning off multistream worked, but it seems worse than the issue itself.  It means all incoming video goes to one screen, and the other screen is black unless there is a presentation being shared.

The other two workarounds I've discovered myself are putting the call on hold and then resuming, or just stop sharing and then sharing again.  Either of these will cause the endpoint to start sending video stream to CMS.

It's not a huge issue for us, so I think I'll wait for the next 2.9.x version of CMS