cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP ERROR ON EX AND C SERIES

Chet Cronin
Level 4
Level 4

I am running EX60 with TC7.2.1 and I see this issue on multiple systems.

I have a known good NTP IP address added and get the following error.

"NTP is not correctly configured. If the system clock is not correctly configured, certain features (e.g. encryptioni) may fail."

The same IP is in the VCS cluster and is working fine???

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This bug should be resolved in TC7.3.0. TC7.3.0 has been deferred due to security issues so I recommend upgrading to TC7.3.2.

/Magnus

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does the NTP warning go away after 5 minutes?  TC7.2.1 has an issue where it will give a false NTP warning after reboot for up to 5 minutes, see bug CSCuo59424.  Bug search says that it is fixed, but doesn't say which version of TC software, nor does the TC7 release notes.

Thanks for the information... No it does not go away ...

Chet Cronin

This bug should be resolved in TC7.3.0. TC7.3.0 has been deferred due to security issues so I recommend upgrading to TC7.3.2.

/Magnus

Thank you for the update ... but the CISCO not keen on upgrading past TC7.2 as CISCO jacked up the features on TC7.3 ... not very many happy campers out here .... Dang we miss TANDBERG ....

thank you though ...

VR

Chet

Chet Cronin

Which features are you referring to? The web snapshots feature?

/Magnus

Mangus -

You are correct, Chet is referring to the snapshots issue where it displays a monitoring notice.  Regarding the NTP issue, is this the bug I pointed out in my earlier reply, if it's the same, why isn't it listed in any release notes as being fixed as well as why is he seeing it longer than 5 minutes?  If it's a different issue, can you provide the bug ID for reference?

Chet -

If you haven't noticed in the other snapshot thread, a workaround for the snapshots should be in the TC7.3.3 release.

Yes CISCO can be like Used Car Salesman... They tell you something is fixed and there is a "but" and neglect to let you know up front the but. 

Yes it's fixed but my understanding is to get it to disable one has to "Purchase" an option key ...

CISCO can be a real pain in the neck ....

So in summary as long as the NTP error is a false alert I am fine with it.  I will let the customer (US Army) know about this bug.

Chet Cronin

Suggest you contact your Cisco rep as early indications suggest you will not have to purchase this key for existing systems - you will, however, have to enter it into all the systems you want to upgrade. :(

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

I was the one who logged bug CSCuo59424 and can confirm that it is fixed in TC7.3.x.

But, yes, as per my thread on the websnapshots, I can confirm that it's mostly fixed in the recent Beta versions of TC7.3.3 that I have been provided with.  With the beta version software, you do need an additional Option Key, but it has been rumoured, and Jens indicated, that this will be a zero cost option key, so you won't need to "purchase" it for existing endpoints.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.