cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP for video endpoints

phifdd4305
Level 1
Level 1

Where does an endpoint (SX20 running TC7.3 on UCM 11.0 in this case) get NTP from? It can be configured manually on the endpoint or in the UCM Date/Time group for the DP's. If I choose to use the UCM date/time group do I leave the ntp config on the endpoint blank and does that over-ride the UCM DP date/time config? This endpoint is 20 minutes ahead for some reason.SX20SX20

1 Reply 1

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So if your endpoint is provisioned with CUCM (that means config will be pushed by CUCM) then it will take the time as configured in CUCM Date time group and in that case it will override the NTP config on endpoint and make the NTP mode as Auto.

But if you have just done the SIP configuration and set the CUCM as proxy on endpoint in that case the endpoint NTP config will take preference and it will not use CUCM NTP.

Regarding your endpoint 20 mins ahead, please check whether it is properly provisioned with CUCM or not.

Please let me know if it is helpful.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: