cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number of scheduled recordings?

morpb1939
Level 1
Level 1

How many conferences can I schedule in TMS that will have recording (TCS) automatically connect. Thanks.

TMS

Version: 12.6

TCS

Version: S4.1

15 Replies 15

Andrew Vasel
Level 1
Level 1

If you mean simultaneous, the answer is 5. The TCS is able to record up to five simultaneous H.323 or SIP video calls.

I am actually refering to how many recordings can TMS kick off at the same time. I know I can dial another TCS alias from my Codian, but everytime I attempt to setup multiple recordings via TMS, it will not allow me to.

Does TMS prevent you from scheduling it? If so, what error message are you getting? Are you selecting different recording aliases when scheduling?

I know this is an old thread, but I figure it's better not to add another thread.

I'm getting the same issue.  I've actually created different aliases with the same settings to try to work around this.  I have three aliases (Dual, Dual2, Dual3) that all show up in the registered aliases.  They all used the same TEMPLATE and have identical settings on them, but the H323 and E164 for each is unique.  When creating a conference and attempting to add another conference with recording at the same time (Dual is being used, I try to dial out to "Dual2"), TMS acts as if they're the same thing and won't let me add it. 

If I select "Dual On Demand" from the list of optional recording options in the dropdown menu, I get this:

An error has occured!

Please click the back-button in your browser to return to the previous page, or click here to go to the TMS front page.

If the problem persists, please contact your TMS Administrator.

If I try to be sneaky and have it dial out to an "external" number (Dual2), the screen just blinks and doesn't add it.  Sometimes it tells me that my recording alias is already busy. 

Purging the system and adding it again makes no difference.  I still only see these options for recording:

Here are the aliases that show up when looking at the CS system settings in TMS:

What am I missing?  I'd like to be able to record multiple conferences at once using TMS, but I won't be able to while keeping it connected to TMS.  The only workaround I can think of currently is to purge it, go to all of my affected conferences, and just have them dial to an "external" alias using "Dual" or "Dual2".

Hi Luke!

Which versions of TMS and TCS do you use?

I also noticed that not all recording aliases are shown (at least 13.2.2), I wonder if its a combination of

different settings I miss or if its a bug.

If you do not see any answer here and you have a service contract consider opening a TAC case.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

TMS: 13.2.2

TCS: v5.2

I'll contact the company we are currently under contract with.  We'll see how that goes... we're changing companies at the end of this month when the contract expires due to their "service."  I've honestly had better luck with most things coming here and fiddling with things on my own.

Let me know if you want a screenshot of different settings to see what might be causing this.  I purged the TCS because I need to have two simultaneous recordings.  The sad part is that I'll have to go back & edit all of the pre-sesison testing out of the recordings.  I really liked TMS's ability to only bring in TCS when the conference actually starts.

If its critical for you, maybe purging the TCS for now complety and just add the

registered URI as a dial up participant could be a workaround.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

That's exactly what I've done (see the post you just replied to).  The saddest part, as stated, is that I can't delay the dialing in of the CS until after the setup period, so we'll have to trim off that time after the conference is done.  That's what we've been doing for the last 5 months, and I was looking forward to not doing that anymore

I suppose I could also just have my techs add the CS manually at the beginning of the conference after testing, but I'd rather not risk having my (student) techs forget to add it... that just adds a layer of human error I'd like to avoid

Thanks for your help!

Luke

If I select "Dual On Demand" from the list of optional recording options in the dropdown menu, I get this:

An error has occured!

Please click the back-button in your browser to return to the previous page, or click here to go to the TMS front page.

If the problem persists, please contact your TMS Administrator.

This is by definition a bug. Could you post the full stack trace, found in log-web.txt?

Regards,

Kjetil

TMS Version 13.2.2

TMS Version 13.2.2

09:55:54,631 [11] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

Tandberg.TMS.Common.RouteExceptions.AddParticipantException: errorInfo SystemNotAvailableForBookingException: Content Server 49A21211,

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.Routing.RouteService.AddParticipantToRoute(IConference conference, ConferenceParticipant participantToAdd)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.Conferences.ConferenceService.AddParticipant(IConference conference, ConferenceParticipant participant, Boolean clearRoute)

at Tandberg.TMS.UI.Conference.ConferenceBooking.setPageDataToConference()

at Tandberg.TMS.UI.Conference.ConferenceBooking.recordingAliasChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.RaisePostDataChangedEvent()

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent()

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

09:56:07,022 [15] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

Tandberg.TMS.Common.RouteExceptions.AddParticipantException: errorInfo SystemNotAvailableForBookingException: Content Server 49A21211,

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.Routing.RouteService.AddParticipantToRoute(IConference conference, ConferenceParticipant participantToAdd)

at Tandberg.TMS.Service.Conferences.ConferenceService.AddParticipant(IConference conference, ConferenceParticipant participant, Boolean clearRoute)

at Tandberg.TMS.UI.Conference.ConferenceBooking.recordingAliasChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

09:56:26,506 [6] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

TMS Version 13.2.2

10:15:18,562 [7] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

10:15:36,953 [7] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

10:15:41,687 [1] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

10:15:46,890 [1] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

10:17:38,218 [11] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

10:23:07,156 [26] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

11:01:09,515 [48] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

11:02:24,265 [1] ERROR ASP.global_asax -

11:04:43,343 [47] WARN  Tandberg.TMS.Service.SystemUpgrade.SystemUpgradeService - Found no download URL for the latest TMS software

The stack trace matches what was seen in bug CSCtt65130, but that only happened when scheduling back-to-back conferences. Does it happen all the time in your environment? If so, it looks like a bug we haven't seen before.

Such problems are hard to debug without a database copy though, so let's hope that your vendor can take it to Cisco TAC.

Regards,

Kjetil

I just started using TMS in December.  It hadn't been used for scheduling prior to last month, although we'd had it in our system. 

This isn't occurring with back-to-back conferences - the conferences are actually occurring at the very same time.

I'm waiting to hear back from my service provider and will update with what I find out.

Luke

lukehamilton1
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so I've figured it out. 

Anything other than the standard aliases won't show up in TMS unless they're configured as a "Personal" alias in TCS and are owned by "api-admin."  I edited my extra aliases to reflect this and now they show up in the dropdown menu in the TMS conference editing page.  Problem solved!

Not sure if that's how it supposed to work ("System" aliases should show as well), but I'm glad to hear that it solved your problem.

-Kjetil