cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OBTP for CTS Endpoints in TMS 13.1

Tom Freeland
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to use the OBTP feature in TMS 13.1 in one of the following scenarios:

Point to Point - TMS Registerd CTS and External CTS System

Point to Point - TMS Registered CTS and External CTS Meetme Number

I can't seem to figure out the right selection to enter the E.164 number (10 digit phone number) of the external (remote) CTS system in the conference creator menus. I keep getting the "no route to external endpoint" error.

I have no problems scheduling OBTP to my own TP server and other CTS devices, I just can't seem to get TMS to recognize any external patterns.

Thanks.

Tom

4 Replies 4

While I haven't tried OBTP on TMS, I would imagine TMS would need to be able to communicate with the CTS endpoint via IP, which if the endpoint is external, it may not be able to.  Can you ping the TMS server from the CTS endpoint or visa versa?  If not, I'd imagne that TMS has no way to push the meeting to the endpoint.

Wayne Bolen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to make a P2P adhoc call between the two endpoints?

Nick - I can get the OBTP push to work iny local environment with my CTS systems and my TP Server or if I just want to schedule a Point to Point within TMS between two CTS systems. No problem. All of my CTS Systems are endpoints in TMS under the CUCM. Unfortunately, the TMS does not have a route to an external (non-registered) CTS endpoint and will not resolve the conference. I don't really carea bout pushing the OBTP to the external CTS, I just want to be able to add it as a legit participant in the call and allow OBTP to work on my CTS.

Wayne - no problem on adhoc calls between CTS becasue all of the routing is being done by search patterns in the CUCM and SIP trunks to the other CUCM's via NLR.

Ah OK - sorry I'm not sure then.  I haven't used TMS much but I knew you would need to able to route to the endpoint to get OBTP to work.

I know you can schedule conferences without OBTP, I'm not sure if you can do half OBTP, half not in the same conference.