cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Older EX90 will not boot up or turn on

armydoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a little older EX90 desktop VTC unit that is in good shape and previously worked fine for the prior user. When I plugged it in and tried to boot it up, it did nothing. It is getting power and the LED by the base power button is flashing white intermittently. However, I have tried the reboot process and attempted the reset to factory settings, and nothing seems to work. It is just a dark, blank screen and the touchpad does not operate at all. I tried calling Cisco Support as the EX90 is still supported until this year and they could not find the system in their service agreement database and recommended I try the Community. Does anyone know how to get the EX90 to boot up or had this problem previously?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From past experience of seeing similar issues with those old EX90s - it is highly likely that the power supply has failed, I have seen many of these die over the last 10 years of using them.  If you get yourself a replacement power supply you may be in luck in getting it to work again.  Bear in mind that the EX90 goes completely End of Support on 31 August 2022, so it's not a good choice of device to be using in the longer term.  It'd be highly recommended that you look at replacing it with something that is supportable such as a Webex Desk or Webex Desk Pro instead.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

From past experience of seeing similar issues with those old EX90s - it is highly likely that the power supply has failed, I have seen many of these die over the last 10 years of using them.  If you get yourself a replacement power supply you may be in luck in getting it to work again.  Bear in mind that the EX90 goes completely End of Support on 31 August 2022, so it's not a good choice of device to be using in the longer term.  It'd be highly recommended that you look at replacing it with something that is supportable such as a Webex Desk or Webex Desk Pro instead.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne. Someone else here suggested that might be a problem as well. Yes, we do need newer systems but the life cycle on this with Uncle Sam isn't until next year now. Appreciate the tip and we will try to procure a replacement power supply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: