Views
Helpful
Replies

On-prem CMS/TMS integration with Skype for Business

Laszlo Olah
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Colleagues,

Currently I am planning to intergrate our CMS/TMS based environment to the local SfB, but I am stucked in TMSXE/OBTP configuration and I need a guidance.
The call interoperability works, but I would like to achieve higher integration with these features:
- OBTP should be available, if the user will organize a skype meeting with the affected Cisco TP endpoint.
- The user has to organize a meeting via Outlook with a CMS space (as a room mailbox) and TMS/TMSXE should reserve this resource automaticaly (no double booking via Outlook and via Smart Scheduler).

As I read in the TMSXE deployment guide the OBTP belongs to the WebEx Scheduling Mailbox (w. CMR cloud/hybrid) chapter, but our infrastructure is on-prem.

Would you be so kind to advice about these two features?

Thanks, Laszlo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration you refer to is used with OBTP for CMR Hybrid which requires the WebEx Scheduling Mailbox, however the OBTP for Skype for Business (Dual-Home Conferencing using TMSXE) doesn't require this mailbox.  OBTP for Skype for Business only requires you to configure your Skype for Business domain within TMSXE, then you simply schedule a Skype for Business meeting within Outlook and include the rooms.

Regarding double booking etc when scheduling via Outlook, that would depend on the mailbox settings if it allows conflicts, however TMS will not allow conflicts for an endpoint even if the room mailbox does.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The configuration you refer to is used with OBTP for CMR Hybrid which requires the WebEx Scheduling Mailbox, however the OBTP for Skype for Business (Dual-Home Conferencing using TMSXE) doesn't require this mailbox.  OBTP for Skype for Business only requires you to configure your Skype for Business domain within TMSXE, then you simply schedule a Skype for Business meeting within Outlook and include the rooms.

Regarding double booking etc when scheduling via Outlook, that would depend on the mailbox settings if it allows conflicts, however TMS will not allow conflicts for an endpoint even if the room mailbox does.

Thank you Patrick!

Hi @Patrick Sparkman

Is there a way to use both Skype for Business OBTP and CMR-Hybrid using CMS as a bridge?

CMS doesn't support integration with WebEx, so CMR Hybrid isn't possible.

Jareeshali K C
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Laszlo,

How did you integrate your CMS with on-premise skype for business? I having issue in understanding the integration.

Regards,

Jareesh 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: