Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Option Keys in MX700

Dear community,

I have a dude about the option keys available to cisco MX700... We purchased a codec MX700 but the second screen dont work..! When I review the option keys intalled, it shown Premium resolution and natural presenter only... Mi question is.. We need buy a dual display option key for use the second sreen??

For other side, this endpoint have two cameras but only one work properly. The troubleshooting shown that camera is not detected...  Is needed some other option key for camera?.

Thank for your comments.

King regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't need to buy dual display license option for MX700 since it is built in feature embedded on the codec. Normally it will not show on the options installed because it is a standard feature for MX700 and MX800.

What do you mean by "the second screen don't work?" Do you mean no display output (wallpaper) during idle state? No power? During active call what can you see on the second monitor?

What are the steps and procedures you already performed to troubleshoot the problem?

The problem could be cable connections on the the second screen (right monitor). Check if cables are properly connected as per the installation guide. Refer to step 14 "Connect cables to right monitor and PoE injector" under page 18.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mx-series/installation_guide/mx700-dualcam-floorstand-installation-sheet.pdf

Also for the camera, no need for additional option keys for you to activate the second camera. Possibilities would be improper cabling and loose connections of cables. Make sure cables are properly connected on the correct ports as per the installation guide. Refer to step 16 "Connect camera cables" under page 21.

Also, reset the cable connections (disconnect and re-connect) on the codec and might be loosed and disconnected during the transportation and installation of the unit. Then reboot the codec.

regards,

Acevirgil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dasiimwe
Level 1
Level 1

The 2nd display is mainly for content or presentation sharing connect a laptop to the HDMI presentation cable to view and share presentations between the two sites on the 2nd display.

If you want to use the 2nd display to view active call video you need the multi-site option key. So that when you have a multisite call between 3 sites the video will be displayed on the 2nd display.

Even without presentation sharing or multisite option installed, during point to point call the other purpose of the second monitor is to display the far end video or your selfview depending on how you configured the monitor role and layout mode.

regards,

Acevirgil

Thanks for the info. I thought you needed a multi-site option key to enable the 'Dual' layout.

You don't need to buy dual display license option for MX700 since it is built in feature embedded on the codec. Normally it will not show on the options installed because it is a standard feature for MX700 and MX800.

What do you mean by "the second screen don't work?" Do you mean no display output (wallpaper) during idle state? No power? During active call what can you see on the second monitor?

What are the steps and procedures you already performed to troubleshoot the problem?

The problem could be cable connections on the the second screen (right monitor). Check if cables are properly connected as per the installation guide. Refer to step 14 "Connect cables to right monitor and PoE injector" under page 18.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/mx-series/installation_guide/mx700-dualcam-floorstand-installation-sheet.pdf

Also for the camera, no need for additional option keys for you to activate the second camera. Possibilities would be improper cabling and loose connections of cables. Make sure cables are properly connected on the correct ports as per the installation guide. Refer to step 16 "Connect camera cables" under page 21.

Also, reset the cable connections (disconnect and re-connect) on the codec and might be loosed and disconnected during the transportation and installation of the unit. Then reboot the codec.

regards,

Acevirgil

hello

Does the multi-site license option for MX700  it is built in feature embedded on the codec.  or i have to add the option key for it , because when i receive my multi-site license there is no option key in ti i get this under the option key :No License Key Retreived . so please if you could help , could i call multi-site without this option listed  in the options key of my system information .

thank you 

Hello heba00001, please see the response in the thread you created: telepresence-mx700.

MS option is an optional license for the video endpoints and need a option key to activate the Multisite feature. For MX700 the part number for MS option is LIC-MX700-MS.

But if you ordered the system and included this option on your BOQ, the system will be delivered to you with the MS already enabled or you will receive a paper license or PAK for MS option. Did you received the PAK? If so, you need to register the PAK and assign it to your MX700 serial number to retrieve the MS option keys and enter it to your system to enable the Multisite feature. Refer to Patrick's response on the other thread https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12892841/telepresence-mx700.

I would suggest to reach out for Cisco licensing team if need further assistance regarding licensing issues. You can email directly to licensing@cisco.com.

regards,

Acevirgil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: