cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook 2016 Booking issues with TMSXE

blaken001
Level 1
Level 1

We have been noticing some issues when users are doing their Outlook 2016 meeting bookings with TMSXE.

When selecting more than 1 video conference unit in their meeting invite, when looking within the List Conferences in TMS, it is only showing that the user selected only 1 video conference. Although, when reviewing their actual Outlook meeting invite, it does show all of the appropriate video conferences selected.

Our users are not getting any reply back emails stating that the unit cannot be booked and therefore it comes as a surprise, when the time comes for the meeting, that their is a video conference connection missing.

We are using TMS 15.5.0 and TMSXE 5.5.0

Note that this was also occurring on the lower versions of TMS and TMSXE but when we upgrade the software versions, it 'sometimes' resolves itself.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

6 Replies 6

Zac Colton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would recommend reviewing TMSXE debug logs for details of what is and isn't getting booked.

Which logs would I be looking at? I have the TMS and the TMSXE logs. I don't have direct access to the Exchange 2016 logs but I can get them if I can tell my Admin what to grab.
The scenario is:
I have thirty+ rooms that are using primarily sx20 Telepresence codecs, Crestron DMPS control systems and Exchange 2016. Our Outlook calendars are not always getting the updated information from TMS and vice versa.
We are running TMS 15.5, TMSXE 5.5 and all of our codecs are at CE9.1.? (Cant remember off the top of my head) and for the most part, meetings that are scheduled in Outlook are processed properly and the confirmation email is sent correctly, the calendar for the rooms scheduled show the correct bookings and TMS usually is correct with the rooms booked, etc.
However, some rooms, when booked in Outlook, even if TMS shows the correct conference information, do not transmit the correct booking info to the Outlook calendar via TMSXE. In addition, sometimes people will book the room to run a WebEx meeting through our VTC equipment (we have set them up to dial out and have a DTMF tone pinpad) and when they schedule them, the meeting does not appear in TMS. I can provide logs for the TMS and TMSXE if you are able to look at them.

Thank you

First thing first try isolating the pattern in which you notice sync issue between outlook and tmsxe. Find out end-user behavior ?
Turning on debug logging to investigate from TMSXE end.
The default log level is informational. To change the log level for debugging:
1. Open Notepad as an administrator.
2. Locate the Cisco TMSXE Config folder on your computer, by default located in C:\ProgramData\Cisco\TMSXE\Config. Note that the ProgramData Windows folder is hidden by default.
3. Change the drop-down to look for All Files.
4. Open the file Log4net.config.
5. In the line that says <level value ="INFO" />, replace "INFO" with "DEBUG".
6. Save and close the file.
This setting significantly increases the size of the log. We strongly recommend reverting the log level back to "INFO" after debugging.
In my humble opinion open a TAC case.

Did you receive an email from Exchange that the Resource Mailbox has been booked? I had this issue at a customer as well, and it happened because some rooms/mailboxes did not have auto-accept meeting invites enabled.

Yes, the confirmation email included the correct # of rooms for this particular meeting. The odd thing is I have had issues with both sides or the process happen over the past year. TMS schedule is correct, # of rooms, etc. and the Outlook calendar is wrong and then the opposite, Outlook calendars reflect correct information but TMS is missing a room for the conference.

I have been working with our Exchange analyst and we checked all the auto-accept options to make sure they were correct and they were on the three rooms I'm testing right now. The only differences we could see was that the room in question had delegates assigned to it. We have some rooms that we don't want just anyone to be able to schedule.

But this is not directly responsible I'm thinking because we have other rooms that are set with delegates that have no problems.

Also, even though for this room the delegates were present, we had the room set to auto-accept and my Exchange guy says that should override the delegate entries.

Our Exchange server was upgraded to 2016 not too long ago (about two months) and the CAS mailboxes names changed as a part of it so I started there to see if the fix was easy but we were in the Shell and checking settings and so far everything maps to Cisco Best Practices. Now I am wondering if the latest version of TMSXE is my next step. Didn't want to get into updating again but might need to.

And I have questions about TMSPE. We don't check it as often as we probably should so I am curious where it and EWS fall into this so if anyone is familiar with the flow and wants to shed more light on it than I have had time to get myself that would be great too.

Just FYI, we made the mailbox changes in TMSXE when they upgraded the Exchange server.