Views
Helpful
Replies

Participant Management on 4220 MCU

paymanzafar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I want to know how can I manage participants in a large conference on a 4220 MCU. Suppose that we have 20 participants in a conference, and we mute all of them except the speaking site to avoid interference. Now, another site wants to speak. How they can send their request, and how we can reply to them?

On PolyCom RMX system, I know that the participant can send a DTMF code as "Request to speak", and the conference operator un-mute him from the web GUI.

1 Reply 1

luchand
Level 1
Level 1

There's no way to signal the operator, but what you can do is to use the in-call menus to unmute yourself - press * to enter the menu, then 6 to unmute the audio. The participant can either mute themselves again when they've finished speaking or else the operator can do it.

Perhaps a simpler option, however, would be to mute the microphones on the individual endpoints, and then have the user unmute themselves when they want to speak simply by pressing the unmute mic button on the endpoint/remote/microphone as appropriate - this would seem to be a more logical, natural and user-friendly way of doing it, with the least user education.