Views
Helpful
Replies

password reset on TMS

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have tandberg management suite and i have forgot the password, can anyone help to tell the procedure how to change the password from SSH or console.

10 Replies 10

Hi muasazam

TMS is software for Windows Server (2003/2008/2012) and use windows user.

Your task is to connect to WindowsServer with admin rights.

Ask windows guru.

br Oleksandr

ok lets suppose i have admin rights for windows but after that how can i change the password of TMS?

Change  your windows account password.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-14-6.pdf

page 27:

To log into the Cisco TMS web application, users must have a Windows username and password that the server is configured to trust. By default, any local Windows user account will work, as well as any Active Directory domain user account if the server is a member of an Active Directory domain. The first user to sign into Cisco TMS is automatically made an administrator and will have full access to Cisco TMS

br Oleksandr

Hi Oleksandr

Thanks for your finding and reply but the thing is i dont have the password of user which is trusted with TMS, in this case what should i do to get the access back

TMS does not have/store any passwords, it just uses the underlying authentication available on the Windows server it's sitting on, whether that be a local account or a domain account if the server is on a domain. If you know the name of an account that has the rights you need in TMS have the Windows admin change the password of that account and you should be good. 

If you don't mean the Windows admin password, do you mean the SQL database connection passwords. This is an SQL thing and is simply an SQL user setup to access the DB. Or perhaps you mean the database encryption password, although I'm not sure what you would do if you lost that.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

the thing is i have lost the password of TMS web application and also forgot the password of windows login, now how can i recover the password.

That's a Microsoft question then - TMS has no back end way into a Windows server. 

Assuming you have physical access the server, and the relevant installation media, you can reset the admin password on pretty much any windows machine relatively easily. Just google something like "reset admin password windows 2008 r2" and you will find what you are looking for. I have had to do this several times, often just after password changes!

Cheers

Chris

Reach out to your Active Directory admins and have the reset the password for the user account, simple as that.  TMS accounts uses the credentials of whatever is in AD, so it's within AD you need to reset the password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: