cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pause in URI speed dial

Lee Saldanha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. We have an SX20 for which we want to create a speed dial to the Blue Jeans service. Once the BJN service answers, we need to enter conference number then # then leader PIN then # again.

I have tried the below strings and none worked - the call to Blue Jeans was answered, but additional characters were never sent. Can you please confirm how to use a pause in speed dial?

987654321,,,,,12345#,,,,,54321#

987654321ppppp12345#ppppp54321#

987654321PPPPP12345#PPPPP54321#

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can't is a hard word to say, I would think of a couple of ways how it could be implemented,

but its all propitiatory, so not a good idea anyhow ,-)

As you said yourself Patrick, the Codian style MCUs support that. Also MXP endpoint,

at least for ISDN.

Lee: If this is a critical point for you, file a feature request to Cisco,

though this would either take a lot of time or will never happen.

Or check with some control panel company which can offer you something like that.

If you have some programming motivation you could also do something like that with a

raspberry pi and the API of the endpoint.

An other option is to ask blue jeans if they could support to populate these values in

the dialed URI or find some other MCU provider.

Many options ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Endpoints can't and don't know how to handle the dialing of PINs or using DTMF tones when they're incorporated into the dial string, unlike infrastructure devices such as an MCU.  You'll just have to wait for it to connect, and enter the PIN number yourself manually using DTMF tones.

Can't is a hard word to say, I would think of a couple of ways how it could be implemented,

but its all propitiatory, so not a good idea anyhow ,-)

As you said yourself Patrick, the Codian style MCUs support that. Also MXP endpoint,

at least for ISDN.

Lee: If this is a critical point for you, file a feature request to Cisco,

though this would either take a lot of time or will never happen.

Or check with some control panel company which can offer you something like that.

If you have some programming motivation you could also do something like that with a

raspberry pi and the API of the endpoint.

An other option is to ask blue jeans if they could support to populate these values in

the dialed URI or find some other MCU provider.

Many options ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Lee Saldanha
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the explanation, Martin! As you mentioned, raising an enhancement request with Cisco might be more difficult, so I believe I will check with Blue Jeans if something can be done on their side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: