Views
Helpful
Replies

Phonebook on MOVI 4.2

jgranata
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are implementing MOVI 4.2 Client, We are using TMS 13.0.2, VCS-C 6.1 (2 in cluster mode) and VCS-E 6.1.

The VCS have the Provisiong key enable, and We use LDAP to validate the MOVI users.

The validation works fine, but the phonebook don´t works. When we try to find someone, hthe MOVI send a message "NO EXACT MATCH IN PHONEBOOK".

We define the phonebook on the TMS as phonebook-emc, and I define on the Provisioning (user directory) as phonebook-emc@emc-corp.net

Anybody help me with this?? I saw a lot of pdf and installation guides, but nothing.....

Thank you

Juan Granata

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Juan!

You wrote that you use:

phonebook-emc@emc-corp.net

but the user part upftont the @ has to be phonebook.

In general it has to be phonebook@.

If the sip domain which is set up there is emc-corp.net it has to be:

phonebook@emc-cop.net

Just set this up as your "Phone Book Server URI" and if you also use external reg via the expressway

as "Public Phone Book Server URI", log out your movi client, log in and test again.

If you have further trouble I would check that your tms agent diagnostics is not showing errors,

check that the users which you expect to see were logged in at least onece (or you use findme).

If this does not help some debugging on the VCS and your clients might help.

As you run movi 4.2 and TMS13.0.1 I would also check that you uploaded the provisioning xml templete

to the tms (shall not affect the phonebook, but you should have that in place anyhow  :-)

Please vote answeres and set it to be answered if it is.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Again, it has to be

phonebook@sip.emc-corp.net

not

somethingelse@sip.emc-corp.net

in your case:

phonebook-emc@sip.emc-corp.net

is somethinglese.

Please remove the -emc upfront the @ and try again.

If you have phonebook@sip.emc-corp.net in your config it should work :-)

Actually Martin, after double checking the SIP routes on my lab VCS, it is fine that the phone book URI is on the form 'phonebook-emc@'. The only important thing here is that exists as a SIP domain on the provisioning VCS.

Here is the SIP route on the VCS which is relevant to phone book searches:

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Request Line Pattern: ".*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Header Name: "Content-Type"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Header Pattern: "application/tandberg-phonebook\+xml"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Authenticated: Off

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Address: "127.0.0.1"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Port: 22400

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Transport: TCP

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Tag: "Phonebook"

The request line pattern is a regex on the form ".*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)" which means that the regex will match any SIP message where the domain portion is one of the local SIP domains on the VCS.

Juan: I believe that your problem might be that even although the users exist, that they haven't been logged in to at least once yet. A provisioning user will only be visible in the phone book after the user has logged in at least once. Therefore log in with two users (From different computers) and you should hopefully be able to search for these two users in the phone book.

Best regards

Andreas

9 Replies 9

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Juan,

the phone book URI should be set to 'phonebook@'. Also make sure that you have ticked the relevant provisioning directory folders in the 'Access control' tab in the phone book itself, in Phone Books > Manage phone books.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Andreas,

Thank you for your answer

Yes we have defined the phone book URI as phonebook-emc@emc-corp.net, and we have enable the access o the "Access Control" tab.

Here is 3 snapshoot (2 for the TMS and one for the MOVI)

Thank you again for your help in advance

Juan Granata

Hi Juan!

You wrote that you use:

phonebook-emc@emc-corp.net

but the user part upftont the @ has to be phonebook.

In general it has to be phonebook@.

If the sip domain which is set up there is emc-corp.net it has to be:

phonebook@emc-cop.net

Just set this up as your "Phone Book Server URI" and if you also use external reg via the expressway

as "Public Phone Book Server URI", log out your movi client, log in and test again.

If you have further trouble I would check that your tms agent diagnostics is not showing errors,

check that the users which you expect to see were logged in at least onece (or you use findme).

If this does not help some debugging on the VCS and your clients might help.

As you run movi 4.2 and TMS13.0.1 I would also check that you uploaded the provisioning xml templete

to the tms (shall not affect the phonebook, but you should have that in place anyhow  :-)

Please vote answeres and set it to be answered if it is.

Martin,

Thank you for your help.

You are right about the domain, our sip domain was different, we change the phonebook URI to @sip.emc-corp.net.

We logout and login and we saw some difference, now the Movi show "searching" for few minutes and then goes to "No exact match in phonebook" (we are searching a known user!!)

we run again the test for all on the TMS agent and everything is ok,

Here are some snapshoot.

Again, it has to be

phonebook@sip.emc-corp.net

not

somethingelse@sip.emc-corp.net

in your case:

phonebook-emc@sip.emc-corp.net

is somethinglese.

Please remove the -emc upfront the @ and try again.

If you have phonebook@sip.emc-corp.net in your config it should work :-)

Martin,

Excellent, now works fine!!!

Thank you a lot for your help!!!

Best regards

Juan Granata

Actually Martin, after double checking the SIP routes on my lab VCS, it is fine that the phone book URI is on the form 'phonebook-emc@'. The only important thing here is that exists as a SIP domain on the provisioning VCS.

Here is the SIP route on the VCS which is relevant to phone book searches:

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Request Line Pattern: ".*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Header Pattern: "application/tandberg-phonebook\+xml"

The request line pattern is a regex on the form ".*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)" which means that the regex will match any SIP message where the domain portion is one of the local SIP domains on the VCS.

Juan: I believe that your problem might be that even although the users exist, that they haven't been logged in to at least once yet. A provisioning user will only be visible in the phone book after the user has logged in at least once. Therefore log in with two users (From different computers) and you should hopefully be able to search for these two users in the phone book.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas!

Ah, cool, yes, which VCS version do you run? X7 or X6?

At least on X5 the handling was different:

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Header Name: "Event"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Header Pattern: "(ua-profile|phonebook).*"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Authenticated: On

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Address: "127.0.0.1"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Port: 22400

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Transport: TCP

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Tag: "Provisioning"

Thx for testing and the feedback!

Though it would be interesting to find out why changing it to the old phonebook@ way helped.

The most important thing is that its now working for him. But I will try it out on our lab system as well when

I find the time.

mek

Hi Martin,

I was testing on X7.0.1, but I believe the SIP routes are identical on X6 and X5 as well. The SIP route you pasted is the first of two SIP routes, SIP route 1 is used to pick up the initial provisioning SUBSCRIBE, while the second SIP route picks up SIP INFO-type phonebook search requests.

Here is a paste of both SIP routes:

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Method: "SUBSCRIBE"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Request Line Pattern: ".*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Header Name: "Event"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Header Pattern: "(ua-profile|phonebook).*"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Authenticated: Off

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Address: "127.0.0.1"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Port: 22400

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Transport: TCP

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 1 Tag: "Provisioning"

*c xConfiguration SIP Routes Route 2 Method: "INFO"

To explain in further detail, the purpose of the first SIP route is to intercept SIP SUBSCRIBE provisioning requests, these requests will have an 'Event' SIP header starting with 'ua-profile'. These messages will match the route (when the request URI matches the '.*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)' regex) and be proxied/forwarded to 127.0.0.1 on TCP port 24000, which is the listening port for the provisioning backend on the VCS.

Similarly, for the second SIP route, this route will match any SIP INFO messages where the 'Content-Type' SIP header equals 'application/tandberg-phonebook\+xml (And where the request URI matches the '

.*@(%localdomains%|%ip%)' regex) and proxy/forward these messages to the same provisioning backend.

Needless to say, these SIP routes should only exist on VCS's which are part of the TMS Agent replication together with TMS.

In any case I would always recommend sticking with the guidelines in the provisioning deployment guide, where we recommend using 'phonebook@'.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: