Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

When working with a full UC deployment, consisting of the following:

• CUCM (8.6/9);
  • VCS-C/E;
  • TMS;
  • Jabber for Windows (CUCM);
  • URI Dialling enabled between CUCM and VCS.

Ideally in this scenario, i would like all my Jabber for Windows clients to see all room based systems registered to VCS, when they attempt to search a system/user.

I know these phonebooks are both seperate entities, does anyone know if it is possible to propergate the TMS 'all systems' phonebook in CUCM somehow, or would this be a manual process?

Thanks, Si

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Andrew Bell (Webex PM)
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

We are working towards a solution like this.  If your room based systems were regisitered to CUCM they would show up in the directory for all your CUCM based systems.  I understand that there are some reason why you way want to keep your room systems on VCS for now.

In the next version of TMS we will see a new phonebook source type of 'CUCM' which are all systems configured in CUCM.  So your TMS direct managed or provisioned endpoints will be able to see all systems regardless of where they are registered. 

TMS systems being avaiable in CUCM directories is identified as a highly desirable feature, but I currently do not have a timeline.

Andrew - TME for TMS

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Andrew Bell (Webex PM)
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

We are working towards a solution like this.  If your room based systems were regisitered to CUCM they would show up in the directory for all your CUCM based systems.  I understand that there are some reason why you way want to keep your room systems on VCS for now.

In the next version of TMS we will see a new phonebook source type of 'CUCM' which are all systems configured in CUCM.  So your TMS direct managed or provisioned endpoints will be able to see all systems regardless of where they are registered. 

TMS systems being avaiable in CUCM directories is identified as a highly desirable feature, but I currently do not have a timeline.

Andrew - TME for TMS

Any changes on this topic ?

I mean the ability to add a CUCM phonebook inside TMS is there in version 14.2 but did Cisco developped a solution to be able to use the TMS phonebook on a TP endpoint registered on CUCM ?

Hi,

No, that's unfortunately not yet implemented in TMS.

Regards,

Kjetil

Does Cisco has a plan to develop that in future version of TMS and if yes when ?

Yes, that's very likely to come in a future version of TMS, but I cannot promise a specific date.

-Kjetil

Kjetil,

Thanks for your answers. One last question.

In CUCM it is possible to force the phones to use a home made directory by creating a [Phone Services] pointing to a external ASP server URL and forcing the UDP/Phone SURL to point to that Phone Service. Or even re-route the Corporate Phonebook URL in the CUCM Enterprise Parameter to that external server corporate directory URL. In our case we have a web server on which we use CiscoIPServices package to create a customized Corporate Phone book.

Can we use that to compile end-users phone book from AD and Telepresence + video conference rooms from TMS and point the CUCM-registered TP endpoint to that external URL ?

I'll answer to my own question. It is not possible as there's no option to add SURL to TP endpoints as there are for phones...

I would reach out to your account team for a roadmap under NDA.  We can't talk about futures in a public forum.