Views
Helpful
Replies

PKG upgrade file Webex Room Codec Pro

VCsupport17
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Community,

We have a Webex codec pro and it it will be setup as a standalone (no registration to CUCM or Webex). We are planning to update the software because we have issue with the compatibility with our AMX control system.

I cannot find available .pkg file on Cisco download page for Webex endpoint series but only cop.sgn. We don't have CUCM in our environment and we will setup the codec as standalone H323 integrated to AV system. As i understand cop.sign file is only for CUCM registered endpoints? Is there a way we can upgrade the codec without CUCM?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

I see two files for download. one for CUCM and another standalone.i believe you can use the second file to upgrade directly.

Response Signature

Hello,

Thanks for your response. Could you send me the link that will redirect me to that download page. As I cannot find those files on my Cisco download portal.

Thanks.

I can only see two cop.sgn files. I am looking for .pkg file.

Capture.PNG

please read  the link shared before.

4A60D6A4-82BF-465C-A315-5CEAE009DC78.jpeg

Response Signature

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All the new Room Series devices use a .cop.sgn file for upgrading them now.  The .pkg file was for the older model endpoints.   Use the same process to upgrade via the web interface, just upload the .cop.sgn file where you would previously have uploaded the .pkg.   It is important that it is done this way as the .cop.sgn file also includes the software for the different camera models that may also be present and need to be updated.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: